KB941649 problem

Fettouhi

KB941649 problem
ok I installed this kb941649 some time ago before it came out on windows
update through a hotfix because it would help me solve som problems I have
been having. now it on windows update and it keeps telling me to install it.
tryed installing it but it fails is there a way to let the windows update
know that I all ready godt this trough a hotfix ???
Fred Webster

RE: KB941649 problem
I too am having a problem with this update. Installation using Windows
update fails. I manually downloaded and installed the update successfully.
After system restart and Windows is configured, Windows Update informs me to
install this update again. Microsoft needs to look at this and fix this
problem.

"Fettouhi" wrote:

> ok I installed this kb941649 some time ago before it came out on windows
> update through a hotfix because it would help me solve som problems I have
> been having. now it on windows update and it keeps telling me to install it.
> tryed installing it but it fails is there a way to let the windows update
> know that I all ready godt this trough a hotfix ???

zwartehoofdpiet@hotmail.com

Re: KB941649 problem
On 15 nov, 20:20, Fred Webster <FredWebs...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I too am having a problem with this update. Installation using Windows
> update fails. I manually downloaded and installed the update successfully.
> After system restart and Windows is configured, Windows Update informs me to
> install this update again. Microsoft needs to look at this and fix this
> problem.
>

> "Fettouhi" wrote:
> > ok I installed this kb941649 some time ago before it came out on windows
> > update through a hotfix because it would help me solve som problems I have
> > been having. now it on windows update and it keeps telling me to install it.
> > tryed installing it but it fails is there a way to let the windows update
> > know that I all ready godt this trough a hotfix ???- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

I have the same problem. Ik downloaded the update at the microsoft
website and installed it. Windows update says: installed for windows
(not windows vista), but update keep saying; 1 UPDATE avaible.
Tryed several times, but failed every time.

Somebody got the answer?
kevin

RE: KB941649 problem
I am having the same problem, isnt there somone in MS we could contact, I
think this is a big issue and it should have been solved by now. Obviously
we are not the only ones having the problem.

"Fettouhi" wrote:

> ok I installed this kb941649 some time ago before it came out on windows
> update through a hotfix because it would help me solve som problems I have
> been having. now it on windows update and it keeps telling me to install it.
> tryed installing it but it fails is there a way to let the windows update
> know that I all ready godt this trough a hotfix ???

Frank

RE: KB941649
Add me to the list. I also have a problem with KB941649. It keeps stating I
have a new update. I install, and when it reboots, its tells me I have a new
update. Same update again.

"kevin" wrote:

> I am having the same problem, isnt there somone in MS we could contact, I
> think this is a big issue and it should have been solved by now. Obviously
> we are not the only ones having the problem.
>
> "Fettouhi" wrote:
>
> > ok I installed this kb941649 some time ago before it came out on windows
> > update through a hotfix because it would help me solve som problems I have
> > been having. now it on windows update and it keeps telling me to install it.
> > tryed installing it but it fails is there a way to let the windows update
> > know that I all ready godt this trough a hotfix ???

OutCell

RE: KB941649
The most annoying part is that the update keeps trying to install even after
i disabled the automatic update and install. So my computer restarts (For no
good reason) while i am working on important documents.

This is really irritating
MICROSOFT YOU DON'T NEED TO WAIT FOR SP1 OF VISTA TO FIX THIS MESS

"Frank" wrote:

> Add me to the list. I also have a problem with KB941649. It keeps stating I
> have a new update. I install, and when it reboots, its tells me I have a new
> update. Same update again.
>
> "kevin" wrote:
>
> > I am having the same problem, isnt there somone in MS we could contact, I
> > think this is a big issue and it should have been solved by now. Obviously
> > we are not the only ones having the problem.
> >
> > "Fettouhi" wrote:
> >
> > > ok I installed this kb941649 some time ago before it came out on windows
> > > update through a hotfix because it would help me solve som problems I have
> > > been having. now it on windows update and it keeps telling me to install it.
> > > tryed installing it but it fails is there a way to let the windows update
> > > know that I all ready godt this trough a hotfix ???

J_in_Nebraska

RE: KB941649
Add me to the list too. Manually installed this package and Windows update
keeps prompting me to install it again, then it fails. Very annoying. I
also have a customer's PC with the same problem.

It took me forever to find these posts in this forum. The MS Knowledge Base
was no help. TechNet was of no help as well.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: KB941649
"J_in_Nebraska" <J_in_Nebraska@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Add me to the list too. Manually installed this package and Windows update
> keeps prompting me to install it again, then it fails. Very annoying. I
> also have a customer's PC with the same problem.
>
> It took me forever to find these posts in this forum. The MS Knowledge Base
> was no help. TechNet was of no help as well.

Most likely cause is that a few of the many modules being updated
can only be replaced during the boot. You can check the registry
for PendingFileRenameOperations to get a list of the modules
being updated that way. At the same time you can check that the current
versions of modules to be replaced warrant being updated and that
the modules being used to replace them would be the correct version
if the rename operation succeeds. Post-boot you can then immediately
check the same list of modules to see whether in fact they were renamed
successfully. If not, it might be a symptom of something (e.g. third-party
security) could have been interfering with that procedure and thus explain
your loop. Sometimes similar information is listed in the Event log,
which might be easier to access than the registry and file property pages.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---