update service pack 3

aga

update service pack 3
Anyone tell me how I can overcome this 'wee' problem that appears when the
service pack3 is installing:

Window appears, asking, the feature you are trying to insert is on disc
Microsoft Outlook 2002, there is no disc with this on it,I never have had a
2002 outlook disc!! what or how do I address this problem.

regards aga
PA Bear

Re: update service pack 3
Are you referring to MS Office 2002 SP3 or...?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.org/

aga wrote:
> Anyone tell me how I can overcome this 'wee' problem that appears when the
> service pack3 is installing:
>
> Window appears, asking, the feature you are trying to insert is on disc
> Microsoft Outlook 2002, there is no disc with this on it,I never have had
> 2002 outlook disc!! what or how do I address this problem.
>
> regards aga

aga

Re: update service pack 3
Hi, Don't think it's office 2002,the office installed in the PC is Office XP
small business and I have no 2002 discs that maybe should have come with the
pc,I have seen other people having the same problems with this download,there
is a download that is supposed to be for users who have NOT got the disc I
have downloaded this and the same window comes up halfway through the install
even with this download installed,the update is for SP3.

Thanks for your help Allan

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Are you referring to MS Office 2002 SP3 or...?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.org/
>
> aga wrote:
> > Anyone tell me how I can overcome this 'wee' problem that appears when the
> > service pack3 is installing:
> >
> > Window appears, asking, the feature you are trying to insert is on disc
> > Microsoft Outlook 2002, there is no disc with this on it,I never have had
> > 2002 outlook disc!! what or how do I address this problem.
> >
> > regards aga

PA Bear

Re: update service pack 3
Well, unless you're running Windows 2000 SP2, the most likely SP3s would be
for Office 2003, Office 2002, Office XP, or a few other Office applications
(e.g., Visio 2003; Project 2003; Word Viewer 2003).

Based on your last reply, could it be Office XP Service Pack 3 that's being
offered? (You're the only one who can answer this question and it should be
staring you in the face.)
--
~PA Bear

aga wrote:
> Hi, Don't think it's office 2002,the office installed in the PC is Office
> XP
> small business and I have no 2002 discs that maybe should have come with
> the
> pc,I have seen other people having the same problems with this
> download,there is a download that is supposed to be for users who have NOT
> got the disc I have downloaded this and the same window comes up halfway
> through the install even with this download installed,the update is for
> SP3.
>
> Thanks for your help Allan
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> Are you referring to MS Office 2002 SP3 or...?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.org/
>>
>> aga wrote:
>>> Anyone tell me how I can overcome this 'wee' problem that appears when
>>> the
>>> service pack3 is installing:
>>>
>>> Window appears, asking, the feature you are trying to insert is on disc
>>> Microsoft Outlook 2002, there is no disc with this on it,I never have
>>> had
>>> a
>>> 2002 outlook disc!! what or how do I address this problem.
>>>
>>> regards aga

Shenan Stanley

Re: update service pack 3

PA Bear wrote:
> Well, unless you're running Windows 2000 SP2, the most likely SP3s
> would be for Office 2003, Office 2002, Office XP, or a few other
> Office applications (e.g., Visio 2003; Project 2003; Word Viewer
> 2003).
> Based on your last reply, could it be Office XP Service Pack 3
> that's being offered? (You're the only one who can answer this
> question and it should be staring you in the face.)

"aga" has Office XP.
Office XP *is* Office 2002.

The series goes: Office '95, Office '97, Office 2000, Office XP, Office
2003, Office 2007.
The individual products of Office XP usually have the 2002 moniker.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

aga

Re: update service pack 3

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> aga wrote:
> > Anyone tell me how I can overcome this 'wee' problem that
> > appears when the service pack3 is installing:
> >
> > Window appears, asking, the feature you are trying to insert is
> > on disc Microsoft Outlook 2002, there is no disc with this on
> > it,I never have had a 2002 outlook disc!! what or how do I
> > address this problem.

> PA Bear wrote:
> > Are you referring to MS Office 2002 SP3 or...?

> aga wrote:
> > Hi, Don't think it's office 2002,the office installed in the PC is
> > Office XP small business and I have no 2002 discs that maybe
> > should have come with the pc,I have seen other people having
> > the same problems with this download,there is a download that
> > is supposed to be for users who have NOT got the disc I have
> > downloaded this and the same window comes up halfway
> > through the install even with this download
> > installed, the update is for SP3.

> PA Bear wrote:
> > Well, unless you're running Windows 2000 SP2, the most likely SP3s
> > would be for Office 2003, Office 2002, Office XP, or a few other
> > Office applications (e.g., Visio 2003; Project 2003; Word Viewer
> > 2003).
> > Based on your last reply, could it be Office XP Service Pack 3
> > that's being offered? (You're the only one who can answer this
> > question and it should be staring you in the face.)

> "aga" has Office XP.
> Office XP *is* Office 2002.
>
> The series goes: Office '95, Office '97, Office 2000, Office XP, Office
> 2003, Office 2007.
> The individual products of Office XP usually have the 2002 moniker.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
>
> Now then Mr Bear,what comes up is an update for

MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 2002, now what's staring me in the face is exactly that!!
it does NOT say OFFICE, the question I asked was!! how or what do I need to
do to overcome this!! the discs I have are for OFFICE Small business,now
on them is the 2002!! now when required to insert disc 2002 they are not
recognised as the correct disc's, I have checked both discs and neither have
the 'OUTRET.MSI' File needed to complete the download,some one else has
informed me that the office I have,i.e Office Small Business is actually
'2002',now this is the help I was needing and That was not STARING me in the
face,now if you would like to help in this matter further I would welcome
your help. aga

Shenan Stanley

Re: update service pack 3

aga wrote:
> Now then Mr Bear, what comes up is an update for
> MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 2002, now what's staring me in the face is
> exactly that!! it does NOT say OFFICE, the question I asked was!!
> how or what do I need to do to overcome this!! the discs I have are
> for OFFICE Small business,now on them is the 2002!! now when
> required to insert disc 2002 they are not recognised as the correct
> disc's, I have checked both discs and neither have the 'OUTRET.MSI'
> File needed to complete the download,some one else has informed me
> that the office I have,i.e Office Small Business is actually
> '2002',now this is the help I was needing and That was not STARING
> me in the face,now if you would like to help in this matter further
> I would welcome your help.

aga,

What you have is a single component of Office XP/2002. I don't care if you
have the entire suite or just one product - it is still an individual
component of Office XP (sometimes known as Office 2002). There is no
difference - Office 2002/Office XP. Outlook 2002/Outlook XP <- Same things.
That is what I explained.

What you need (what it is requesting) is the installation media that
includes the XXXX 2002/XP products you have installed. What you are being
offered is likely this:

Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)

Released way back on 3/30/2004. What I suggest is that you download from
the above link the "OfficeXpSp3-kb832671-fullfile-enu.exe" file and save it
to your desktop. (57.5MB - not 16MB!) Try running it.

(It states, on that page, "OfficeXpSp3-kb832671-fullfile-enu.exe: Download
this file if you do not have access to your installation source...")

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Shenan Stanley wrote:
> aga wrote:
>> Anyone tell me how I can overcome this 'wee' problem that
>> appears when the service pack3 is installing:
>>
>> Window appears, asking, the feature you are trying to insert is
>> on disc Microsoft Outlook 2002, there is no disc with this on
>> it,I never have had a 2002 outlook disc!! what or how do I
>> address this problem.

> PA Bear wrote:
>> Are you referring to MS Office 2002 SP3 or...?

> aga wrote:
>> Hi, Don't think it's office 2002,the office installed in the PC is
>> Office XP small business and I have no 2002 discs that maybe
>> should have come with the pc,I have seen other people having
>> the same problems with this download,there is a download that
>> is supposed to be for users who have NOT got the disc I have
>> downloaded this and the same window comes up halfway
>> through the install even with this download
>> installed, the update is for SP3.

> PA Bear wrote:
>> Well, unless you're running Windows 2000 SP2, the most likely SP3s
>> would be for Office 2003, Office 2002, Office XP, or a few other
>> Office applications (e.g., Visio 2003; Project 2003; Word Viewer
>> 2003).
>> Based on your last reply, could it be Office XP Service Pack 3
>> that's being offered? (You're the only one who can answer this
>> question and it should be staring you in the face.)

> "aga" has Office XP.
> Office XP *is* Office 2002.
>
> The series goes: Office '95, Office '97, Office 2000, Office XP, Office
> 2003, Office 2007.
> The individual products of Office XP usually have the 2002 moniker.

I know that. You know that. What we need is for aga to tell us the complete
name of this "SP3" update being offered.
--
~PAŞ

PA Bear

Re: update service pack 3
[X-post ot Office Update newsgroup]

aga wrote:
>>> Anyone tell me how I can overcome this 'wee' problem that
>>> appears when the service pack3 is installing:
>>>
>>> Window appears, asking, the feature you are trying to insert is
>>> on disc Microsoft Outlook 2002, there is no disc with this on
>>> it,I never have had a 2002 outlook disc!! what or how do I
>>> address this problem.

>> PA Bear wrote:
>>> Are you referring to MS Office 2002 SP3 or...?

>> aga wrote:
>>> Hi, Don't think it's office 2002,the office installed in the PC is
>>> Office XP small business and I have no 2002 discs that maybe
>>> should have come with the pc,I have seen other people having
>>> the same problems with this download,there is a download that
>>> is supposed to be for users who have NOT got the disc I have
>>> downloaded this and the same window comes up halfway
>>> through the install even with this download
>>> installed, the update is for SP3.

>> PA Bear wrote:
>>> Well, unless you're running Windows 2000 SP2, the most likely SP3s
>>> would be for Office 2003, Office 2002, Office XP, or a few other
>>> Office applications (e.g., Visio 2003; Project 2003; Word Viewer
>>> 2003).
>>> Based on your last reply, could it be Office XP Service Pack 3
>>> that's being offered? (You're the only one who can answer this
>>> question and it should be staring you in the face.)

>> <snip>

> Now then Mr Bear,what comes up is an update for
> MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 2002, now what's staring me in the face is exactly
> that!!
> it does NOT say OFFICE, the question I asked was!! how or what do I need
> to do to overcome this!! the discs I have are for OFFICE Small
> business,now on them is the 2002!! now when required to insert disc 2002
> they are not recognised as the correct disc's, I have checked both discs
> and neither have the 'OUTRET.MSI' File needed to complete the
> download,some
> one else has informed me that the office I have,i.e Office Small Business
> is actually '2002',now this is the help I was needing and That was not
> STARING me in the face,now if you would like to help in this matter
> further
> I would welcome your help. aga

=> Please confirm that the update offered is named (literally) "Microsoft
Oulook 2002 Service Pack 3".

=> Please tell me if "Microsoft Office 2002 Service Pack 3" is listed in
Add/Remove Programs.

=> Please tell me if "Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3" is listed in
Add/Remove Programs.

=> Please tell me the Windows version of the machine in question.

--
~PA Bear

aga

Re: update service pack 3
Hi Sheenan, been finding out a bit more on the download,it appears that this
IS Service pack3,the office I have is xp small business 2002 version,when the
download starts,a window appears and asks for disc 2002 to find the
file'OUTRET.MSI' I run 2002 disc and still the error message appears,I also
have a media content disc 2002 and this disc does NOT have the file
needed,where and how do I find the correct disc to install this service pack
3!!
Thanks Allan