Zune 2.1

wolf

Zune 2.1
I have windows XP home edition on a dell xps laptop. I have tried to update
the Zune software to version 2.1 with no luck. I get the message, "Setup
must stop because the required package 'Zune' failed to install. Could not
access network location SystemFolder. Error code: 0x80070643." I went to
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=101253. I have used microsoft update
to catch up on perhaps necessary downloads. In addition, I have manually
downloaded the latest Microsoft .Net Framework, Microsoft Media Format 11
runtime, XMLite, and for whatever reason it said Error Reporting could be a
cause- so I enabled it under Services.msc. These supposed solutions have had
no effect, as such I get the same error time and again when it is around 20%
during installation. Any ideas?
wolf

RE: Zune 2.1
Problem solved. If anyone is having similar issues, try going to
http://remove-it.org/tools/unzoone.

"wolf" wrote:

> I have windows XP home edition on a dell xps laptop. I have tried to update
> the Zune software to version 2.1 with no luck. I get the message, "Setup
> must stop because the required package 'Zune' failed to install. Could not
> access network location SystemFolder. Error code: 0x80070643." I went to
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=101253. I have used microsoft update
> to catch up on perhaps necessary downloads. In addition, I have manually
> downloaded the latest Microsoft .Net Framework, Microsoft Media Format 11
> runtime, XMLite, and for whatever reason it said Error Reporting could be a
> cause- so I enabled it under Services.msc. These supposed solutions have had
> no effect, as such I get the same error time and again when it is around 20%
> during installation. Any ideas?

racermike

RE: Zune 2.1
I tried that wolf, but after doing so and downloading the whole package and
reinstalling, I still get the same thing! I hate the Zune and all its
software. It's my wifes, and I'm sticking with my trusty faithful Gigabeat!

"wolf" wrote:

> Problem solved. If anyone is having similar issues, try going to
> http://remove-it.org/tools/unzoone.
>
> "wolf" wrote:
>
> > I have windows XP home edition on a dell xps laptop. I have tried to update
> > the Zune software to version 2.1 with no luck. I get the message, "Setup
> > must stop because the required package 'Zune' failed to install. Could not
> > access network location SystemFolder. Error code: 0x80070643." I went to
> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=101253. I have used microsoft update
> > to catch up on perhaps necessary downloads. In addition, I have manually
> > downloaded the latest Microsoft .Net Framework, Microsoft Media Format 11
> > runtime, XMLite, and for whatever reason it said Error Reporting could be a
> > cause- so I enabled it under Services.msc. These supposed solutions have had
> > no effect, as such I get the same error time and again when it is around 20%
> > during installation. Any ideas?

KuhnDog

Re: Zune 2.1

I have loaded V2.1 on both an XP PC and a Vista PC. XP works well, but
on Vista, many artists have erroneous album names and vice versa.
Anyone have similar issues?

--
KuhnDog
KuhnDog's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=35452

http://forums.techarena.in

fam5028

RE: Zune 2.1
G O D B L E S S YOU, my friend, THANK YOU SO MUCH. I INSTALLED THE NEW ZUNE
2.1 SOFTWARE after the old Zune has been removed.

"wolf" wrote:

> Problem solved. If anyone is having similar issues, try going to
> http://remove-it.org/tools/unzoone.
>
> "wolf" wrote:
>
> > I have windows XP home edition on a dell xps laptop. I have tried to update
> > the Zune software to version 2.1 with no luck. I get the message, "Setup
> > must stop because the required package 'Zune' failed to install. Could not
> > access network location SystemFolder. Error code: 0x80070643." I went to
> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=101253. I have used microsoft update
> > to catch up on perhaps necessary downloads. In addition, I have manually
> > downloaded the latest Microsoft .Net Framework, Microsoft Media Format 11
> > runtime, XMLite, and for whatever reason it said Error Reporting could be a
> > cause- so I enabled it under Services.msc. These supposed solutions have had
> > no effect, as such I get the same error time and again when it is around 20%
> > during installation. Any ideas?

Heidi

RE: Zune 2.1
Thanks so much for the tip! The problem was solved in 5 minutes. I called
zune support 3 times and spent over 2 hours on my own trying to resolve this
same issue with no luck.

"wolf" wrote:

> Problem solved. If anyone is having similar issues, try going to
> http://remove-it.org/tools/unzoone.

txjarhead1985

RE: Zune 2.1

"wolf" wrote:

> I have windows XP home edition on a dell xps laptop. I have tried to update
> the Zune software to version 2.1 with no luck. I get the message, "Setup
> must stop because the required package 'Zune' failed to install. Could not
> access network location SystemFolder. Error code: 0x80070643." I went to
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=101253. I have used microsoft update
> to catch up on perhaps necessary downloads. In addition, I have manually
> downloaded the latest Microsoft .Net Framework, Microsoft Media Format 11
> runtime, XMLite, and for whatever reason it said Error Reporting could be a
> cause- so I enabled it under Services.msc. These supposed solutions have had
> no effect, as such I get the same error time and again when it is around 20%
> during installation. Any ideas?

vince

RE: Zune 2.1
When i try to download zune 2.1 it will not work please help! It keeps
telling me page can not be displayed. I can down load everything except zune
soft ware. what are youre suggestions?

"wolf" wrote:

> I have windows XP home edition on a dell xps laptop. I have tried to update
> the Zune software to version 2.1 with no luck. I get the message, "Setup
> must stop because the required package 'Zune' failed to install. Could not
> access network location SystemFolder. Error code: 0x80070643." I went to
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=101253. I have used microsoft update
> to catch up on perhaps necessary downloads. In addition, I have manually
> downloaded the latest Microsoft .Net Framework, Microsoft Media Format 11
> runtime, XMLite, and for whatever reason it said Error Reporting could be a
> cause- so I enabled it under Services.msc. These supposed solutions have had
> no effect, as such I get the same error time and again when it is around 20%
> during installation. Any ideas?

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Zune 2.1
"vince" <vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When i try to download zune 2.1 it will not work please help! It keeps
> telling me page can not be displayed. I can down load everything except
> zune soft ware.

> what are youre suggestions?

Find a more appropriate forum? I don't think your question relates to WU... ; )

Unfortunately it doesn't look as if Zune has much support via newsgroups yet.
E.g. would it be: microsoft.public.music.products? the newsgroup which
specializes in devices for your (unstated?) OS?

Try a web search?

zune forums > community assistance > zune software
http://forums.zune.net/6/ShowForum.aspx

(via Live Search for
zune support
)

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Tiregbu@gmail.com

Re: Zune 2.1
On Dec 21, 11:13*am, "Robert Aldwinckle" <rob...@techemail.com> wrote:
> "vince" <vi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > When i try to download *zune 2.1 it will not work please help! *It keeps
> > telling me page can not be displayed. *I can down load everything except
> > zune soft ware.
> > what are youre suggestions?

> Find a more appropriate forum? * I don't think your question relates to WU... *; )
>
> Unfortunately it doesn't look as if *Zune *has much support via newsgroups yet.
> E.g. *would it be: * microsoft.public.music.products? * the newsgroup which
> specializes in devices for your (unstated?) OS?
>
> Try a web search?
>
> zune forums > community assistance > zune softwarehttp://forums.zune.net/6/ShowForum.aspx
>
> (via *Live Search for
> * * zune support
> )
>
> Good luck
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

I haven't been able to use my Zune ever since the update in November.
I also have Win XP on Dell.
This is sooooo frustrating! Zune Tech support has been of no help. I
have tried any and "maybe" everything from removing the old software
(through unzoone) to changing the directory name---nothing worked.
Last i recently tried, as told, was uninstalling MS Office 2003 (even
though i don't see the connection), now i can't re-install it again. I
guess that's it, any help PLEASE!!!
I have spent several hours of my weekends trying to fix this. I would
hate to do a complete system recovery, i don't want to loose my files!
Please help----ANYONE!