UPdate KB943460 affects launch parameters of Reaktor

arachnaut

UPdate KB943460 affects launch parameters of Reaktor
Before KB943460 Reaktor 5.1.2 would launch an serve it's ensembles on a mouse
click.

After the update it ignores the lauch parameter and load a default ensemble.

Unistalling KB943460 fixes the problem.
Ottmar Freudenberger

Re: UPdate KB943460 affects launch parameters of Reaktor
"arachnaut" <arachnaut@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:

> Before KB943460 Reaktor 5.1.2 would launch an serve it's ensembles on a mouse
> click.
>
> After the update it ignores the lauch parameter and load a default ensemble.

Have a look into the "More Information" section in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943460/en-us and use the registry hack
to *temporarily* disable the "advanced" URI checking coming with KB943460.
In case you've installed IE7 on your system, it's IMHO more than *essential*
to apply KB943460 and to *not* use the registry hacks.

Bye,
Freudi
laurin1

Re: UPdate KB943460 affects launch parameters of Reaktor

AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHH.

After I installed this patch, none of my applications in my
organization can open files that have a space in the path by
double-clicking them.

--
laurin1
laurin1's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=35046

http://forums.techarena.in

"laurin1" <laurin1.3024bc@DoNotSpam.com> schrieb:

> AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHH.

Hope you feel better now.

> After I installed this patch, none of my applications in my
> organization can open files that have a space in the path by
> double-clicking them.

Spaces in the path without quotes around the path? And once again:

Ottmar Freudenberger;3311244 Wrote:
> "
>
> Spaces in the path without quotes around the path? And once again:
>
> Have a look into the "More Information" section in
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943460/en-us and use the registry hack
> to *temporarily* disable the "advanced" URI checking coming with
> KB943460.
> In case you've installed IE7 on your system, it's IMHO more than
> *essential*
> to apply KB943460 and to *not* use the registry hacks.

Ok, but that workaround says that I've got to do it for EVERY
application that uses this, and that's a bunch.

"laurin1" wrote:

> > Spaces in the path without quotes around the path?

Wonna answer this question? Wonna specify what "Reactor" is or means?
Wonna elaborate on whether the issue occurs on local drives and/or on
network drives?

> > Have a look into the "More Information" section in
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943460/en-us and use the registry hack
> > to *temporarily* disable the "advanced" URI checking coming with
> > KB943460.

> Ok, but that workaround says that I've got to do it for EVERY
> application that uses this, and that's a bunch.

Fine.

laurin1

Re: UPdate KB943460 affects launch parameters of Reaktor

I don't know what Reactor is. That was the other guys problem, but I
believe it's affecting all of my applications.

"laurin1" <laurin1.3044jf@DoNotSpam.com> schrieb:

> I don't know what Reactor is. That was the other guys problem, but I
> believe it's affecting all of my applications.

Windows isn't about believing. Answer the questions asked to narrow
the issue you're seeing in case you'll accept any help from outside.

Bye,
Freudi
laurin1

Re: UPdate KB943460 affects launch parameters of Reaktor

Ok, I work in IT for a living. I KNOW that it's affecting other
applications, sorry for the incorrect wording. I install the patch, and
no application can open a file via the shell (double-click) that has a
space in it. I uninstall the patch and it the problem goes away. That's
enough to make me "believe" it.

And answer what questions? What reactor is? I have no idea, that was
not my initial statement. The other question? Do you mean this one:

> Spaces in the path without quotes around the path?

I don't know what you mean, as I'm double-clicking the files. I
understand what you mean about putting quotes around the path, but
where?

"laurin1" <laurin1.304nzf@DoNotSpam.com> schrieb:

> I install the patch, and
> no application can open a file via the shell (double-click) that has a
> space in it.

The files are located on a *local* drive or a *network/shared* drive
on another machine?

>> Spaces in the path without quotes around the path?

> I don't know what you mean, as I'm double-clicking the files.

Space in the folders and/or files makes no difference?

> I understand what you mean about putting quotes around the path, but
> where?

Under "Run" for example.

Anyway, contact MS-PSS and let *them* know about the issue. The call
should be free of charge.

Bye,
Freudi

Security Update for Windows XP (KB943460) won't install Andreas microsoft.public.windowsupdate 3 11-15-2007 18:58
Update KB943460 failed, error 0x8007F004 Nobodycrucial microsoft.public.windowsupdate 4 11-14-2007 19:43
Article ID: 933662 When a 16-bit application passes command-line parameters to another application on a Windows Vista-based computer, the second application does not receive the command-line parameters KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Reaktor 1.0 Gamer Games Feed 0 09-28-2007 00:30
Failed to update the registry at first launch of programme Paul (Bornival) microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 6 06-24-2007 10:22