error code 8004100A

pump

error code 8004100A
hi,

I tried several times to install the vista update KB941649; but after 2
automatic reboots, I always get the error code: Code 8004100A
The autromatic update the tries ti install it again, and the same problem
appears again:

can somebody please help me? I don't fiind any further information ao ths
error code at KB!

thanks a lot,
pump
Glenn

RE: error code 8004100A
I am having the exact same problem....please send help!!!

"pump" wrote:

> hi,
>
> I tried several times to install the vista update KB941649; but after 2
> automatic reboots, I always get the error code: Code 8004100A
> The autromatic update the tries ti install it again, and the same problem
> appears again:
>
> can somebody please help me? I don't fiind any further information ao ths
> error code at KB!
>
> thanks a lot,
> pump

Catinhat

RE: error code 8004100A
Ditto, I hadto install the other updates individually but this one won't
install correctly after reboot. I'm also got the problem with the ignored Win
Defender working and my mail service contiues to mess up. I'm really
frustrated and feed up with this so called "operating system".

"pump" wrote:

> hi,
>
> I tried several times to install the vista update KB941649; but after 2
> automatic reboots, I always get the error code: Code 8004100A
> The autromatic update the tries ti install it again, and the same problem
> appears again:
>
> can somebody please help me? I don't fiind any further information ao ths
> error code at KB!
>
> thanks a lot,
> pump

pump

RE: error code 8004100A
By teh way, I got the problem with the ignored Win Defender too. It's working
but securitc cebter doesen't rcogize it. Same with my antivir-solution:
G-Data Antivir 2007: Decurity center doesen't recognize it too.
crap ...

"Catinhat" wrote:

> Ditto, I hadto install the other updates individually but this one won't
> install correctly after reboot. I'm also got the problem with the ignored Win
> Defender working and my mail service contiues to mess up. I'm really
> frustrated and feed up with this so called "operating system".
>
> "pump" wrote:
>
> > hi,
> >
> > I tried several times to install the vista update KB941649; but after 2
> > automatic reboots, I always get the error code: Code 8004100A
> > The autromatic update the tries ti install it again, and the same problem
> > appears again:
> >
> > can somebody please help me? I don't fiind any further information ao ths
> > error code at KB!
> >
> > thanks a lot,
> > pump

Admiral

RE: error code 8004100A

I too am having this problem With Vista KB941649. Same code 8004100A comes up.

Has any one found a solution???

"Glenn" wrote:

> I am having the exact same problem....please send help!!!
>
> "pump" wrote:
>
> > hi,
> >
> > I tried several times to install the vista update KB941649; but after 2
> > automatic reboots, I always get the error code: Code 8004100A
> > The autromatic update the tries ti install it again, and the same problem
> > appears again:
> >
> > can somebody please help me? I don't fiind any further information ao ths
> > error code at KB!
> >
> > thanks a lot,
> > pump

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

RE: error code 8004100A
Hello,
Sounds like an issue with WMI or with DCOM which could affect both and the
error code could apply as well.

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?cHVtcA==?= <pump@discussions.microsoft.com>
Subject: RE: error code 8004100A
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 22:47:02 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsupdate

"Catinhat" wrote:

> Ditto, I hadto install the other updates individually but this one won't
> install correctly after reboot. I'm also got the problem with the ignored

Win
> Defender working and my mail service contiues to mess up. I'm really
> frustrated and feed up with this so called "operating system".
>
> "pump" wrote:
>
> > hi,
> >
> > I tried several times to install the vista update KB941649; but after 2
> > automatic reboots, I always get the error code: Code 8004100A
> > The autromatic update the tries ti install it again, and the same

problem
> > appears again:
> >
> > can somebody please help me? I don't fiind any further information ao

ths
> > error code at KB!
> >
> > thanks a lot,
> > pump

Admiral

RE: error code 8004100A
OK... Now what's the fix???

""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:

> Hello,
> Sounds like an issue with WMI or with DCOM which could affect both and the
> error code could apply as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

> --------------------
> From: =?Utf-8?B?cHVtcA==?= <pump@discussions.microsoft.com>
> Subject: RE: error code 8004100A
> Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 22:47:02 -0800
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsupdate
>
> By teh way, I got the problem with the ignored Win Defender too. It's
> working
> but securitc cebter doesen't rcogize it. Same with my antivir-solution:
> G-Data Antivir 2007: Decurity center doesen't recognize it too.
> crap ...
>
> "Catinhat" wrote:
>
> > Ditto, I hadto install the other updates individually but this one won't
> > install correctly after reboot. I'm also got the problem with the ignored

> Win
> > Defender working and my mail service contiues to mess up. I'm really
> > frustrated and feed up with this so called "operating system".
> >
> > "pump" wrote:
> >
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > I tried several times to install the vista update KB941649; but after 2
> > > automatic reboots, I always get the error code: Code 8004100A
> > > The autromatic update the tries ti install it again, and the same

> problem
> > > appears again:
> > >
> > > can somebody please help me? I don't fiind any further information ao

> ths
> > > error code at KB!
> > >
> > > thanks a lot,
> > > pump

pump

RE: error code 8004100A
Hi Darrell,
can you tell us the "fix" too???
thanks,
pump

""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:

> Hello,
> Sounds like an issue with WMI or with DCOM which could affect both and the
> error code could apply as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

> --------------------
> From: =?Utf-8?B?cHVtcA==?= <pump@discussions.microsoft.com>
> Subject: RE: error code 8004100A
> Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 22:47:02 -0800
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsupdate
>
> By teh way, I got the problem with the ignored Win Defender too. It's
> working
> but securitc cebter doesen't rcogize it. Same with my antivir-solution:
> G-Data Antivir 2007: Decurity center doesen't recognize it too.
> crap ...
>
> "Catinhat" wrote:
>
> > Ditto, I hadto install the other updates individually but this one won't
> > install correctly after reboot. I'm also got the problem with the ignored

> Win
> > Defender working and my mail service contiues to mess up. I'm really
> > frustrated and feed up with this so called "operating system".
> >
> > "pump" wrote:
> >
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > I tried several times to install the vista update KB941649; but after 2
> > > automatic reboots, I always get the error code: Code 8004100A
> > > The autromatic update the tries ti install it again, and the same

> problem
> > > appears again:
> > >
> > > can somebody please help me? I don't fiind any further information ao

> ths
> > > error code at KB!
> > >
> > > thanks a lot,
> > > pump

Roebuck

Re: error code 8004100A
I came across this error on a number of peoples systems that had upgraded
from Windows XP to Vista32
the only solution I found to eliminate the issue was to re-install to a
clean system.
It seems that some of the security apps for Windows XP sp2 disable some
functions during the installation of Windows Vista32 (I have no experience
regarding Vista64)
Once the error has appeared it will not repair itself and Any and Most
security updates WILL fail, even though you may have upgraded from an
original Vista32 DVD after about 30days the Vista system will not pass
Microsoft Validation.

If this is the case:-
note: you will lose all data that is not backed up to a separate Hard
Drive/CD or DVD
Ensure that you have all the needed driver CD's for your Motherboard and
Hardware, such as Sound. Graphics, Network, printers etc. before you
continue.
Get any required updates online
Then using the original Vista32 DVD use the full install option, do NOT
upgrade your current system.

""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" <Darrellg@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> Sounds like an issue with WMI or with DCOM which could affect both and the
> error code could apply as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

> --------------------
> From: =?Utf-8?B?cHVtcA==?= <pump@discussions.microsoft.com>
> Subject: RE: error code 8004100A
> Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 22:47:02 -0800
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsupdate
>
> By teh way, I got the problem with the ignored Win Defender too. It's
> working
> but securitc cebter doesen't rcogize it. Same with my antivir-solution:
> G-Data Antivir 2007: Decurity center doesen't recognize it too.
> crap ...
>
> "Catinhat" wrote:
>
>> Ditto, I hadto install the other updates individually but this one won't
>> install correctly after reboot. I'm also got the problem with the ignored

> Win
>> Defender working and my mail service contiues to mess up. I'm really
>> frustrated and feed up with this so called "operating system".
>>
>> "pump" wrote:
>>
>> > hi,
>> >
>> > I tried several times to install the vista update KB941649; but after 2
>> > automatic reboots, I always get the error code: Code 8004100A
>> > The autromatic update the tries ti install it again, and the same

> problem
>> > appears again:
>> >
>> > can somebody please help me? I don't fiind any further information ao

> ths
>> > error code at KB!
>> >
>> > thanks a lot,
>> > pump

paulsfsd

RE: error code 8004100A
is there a fix for this because actually the firt time my error code was
80070002
and I followed the fix and it still doesn't take the update this time the
error is 8004100A would love to know how to resolve this problem