Update failures

snevets848

Update failures
Your software is broken.
The automatic update feature doesn't work.
I read at least three different "solutions" for this problem. They range
from the stupid to the unbelievable. None of them work

The fact is your software is broken and you need to fix it.
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Update failures
If you post details of your specific problem, someone may be able to
help you.
But without details, it will be nearly impossible for someone to guide
you to the specific solution for your problem.

Also, There is no expectation that anyone from Microsoft read post in
these peer to peer newsgroups.
When Microsoft does post here, they do so on their own time.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"snevets848" <snevets848@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Your software is broken.
> The automatic update feature doesn't work.
> I read at least three different "solutions" for this problem. They
> range
> from the stupid to the unbelievable. None of them work
>
> The fact is your software is broken and you need to fix it.

PA Bear

Re: Update failures
And you problem is...?

snevets848 wrote:
> Your software is broken.
> The automatic update feature doesn't work.
> I read at least three different "solutions" for this problem. They range
> from the stupid to the unbelievable. None of them work
>
> The fact is your software is broken and you need to fix it.

snevets848

Re: Update failures
Jupiter,

Thank you for sharing your time. I assume that since you are a "MVP" you may
have better information on this than I have found so far.

The specifics you requested are these:

Automatic updates should be that - automatic. They are not. There doesn't
appear to be a manual overide that I have been able to find.

When they don't update it posts an error code "8000FFFF" sometime, other
times its something else "8024...". When you search for these error codes,
you get a response with about 10 other error codes, none of which are the
ones that you searched for. Just a tad bit frustrating.

So I read this forum to see if anyone else is having the same problem, and
oh My! yes they are. They get great help, like "reboot" which I have done for
weeks with out any improvement. I erased some file that I shouldn't even have
to know about and reboot. No change. Two other similar wild goose chases and
I am right back where I started from.

If this software was a toy or an appliance, I'd take it back for a refund
because its broken and came out of the box that way. If you have a magic
answer, I would appreciate hearing about it.