Error 0x80073afc "Resource Loader Failed to Find MUI" on hotfix

trav92

Error 0x80073afc "Resource Loader Failed to Find MUI" on hotfix
Hi,
I'm running Vista Business 64-bit, and I have had no major problems.
Recently, I downloaded a hotfix, and when I tried to install it came up with
error code 0x80073afc "Resource Loader failed to find MUI file". I searched
the net and found a solution saying to restart the computer a few times.
This did not work. I tried to clean up and make sure there were no
interfering programs as well. Another post said to deactivate windows
defender. I am not completely sure how to do this (I tried ending the one
process I saw that mentioned defender with no success). I read there may be
a way to manually install the hotfix without wusa using some sort of package
manager, and so if nothing else could someone advise me how to do this.

Thanks
Francisco Reich-d'Almeida

Re: Error 0x80073afc "Resource Loader Failed to Find MUI" on hotfix

I seem to share a common problem - Error 0x80073afc.

Having switched my Vista's Home Premium Portuguese Language (came with
the computer)to USA English through a MUI package the update module at
the contrl panel appeared blank and incomplete. After that the whole
system appears to be unstable and no updates are possible. I have tried
several possibilites but nothing appears to work.

At the same time the mouse/keyboard combo (Logitech) seems to drag on
whimsically and Logitech's Setpoint's software has to be uninstalled for
things to be kept runnng

I would wellcome a suggestion.
Many thanks

--
Francisco Reich-d'Almeida

asp31@btinternet.com

Re: Error 0x80073afc "Resource Loader Failed to Find MUI" on hotfix
On Nov 13 2007, 8:41*pm, trav92 <tra...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm running Vista Business 64-bit, and I have had no major problems. *
> Recently, I downloaded a hotfix, and when I tried to install it came up with
> error code 0x80073afc "Resource Loader failed to find MUI file". *I searched
> the net and found a solution saying to restart the computer a few times. *
> This did not work. *I tried to clean up and make sure there were no
> interfering programs as well. *Another post said to deactivate windows
> defender. *I am not completely sure how to do this (I tried ending the one
> process I saw that mentioned defender with no success). *I read there may be
> a way to manually install the hotfix without wusa using some sort of package
> manager, and so if nothing else could someone advise me how to do this.
>
> Thanks

Hi Did you manage to solve this problem-I have the same error

thanks in advance