Re: Security update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 (KB936181)
I fixed this issue this way:
1. Downloaded KB936181 from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936181
2. Restarted pc in safe mode and renamed SoftwareDistribution folder located
in c:\windows folder.
3. Deleted the Msxml4.dll file from the %SystemRoot%\System32 folder.
4. Restarted pc in normal mode and launched Downloaded KB936181
5. Installed (or repaired) KB936181
After pc restart chekced for new updates and it were not prompted anymore to
Hope in helps.
> I am having the same problem. Have you resolved the issue? If so,
> would you please let me know how you fixed it?
> On 23 Aug, 16:49, "Ali Oeztas" <ali_oez...@gmx.de> wrote:
> > have downloaded and installed the subject update several times. I have
> > restarted my computerafterwards, but the update still continues to display
> > as
> > needing to be downloaded and installed. My system states that it has
> > downloaded and installed hte update, but it remains as an update to download
> > and install.
> > Does anybody know how to fix this problem?