error code: Ox643

Jim bob

error code: Ox643
cannot install framework 3 or 2 when install is almost finished I get a
message saying that the install was not installed with an error message Ox643
?

any HELP .......
edmendes

RE: error code: Ox643

"Jim bob" wrote:

> cannot install framework 3 or 2 when install is almost finished I get a
> message saying that the install was not installed with an error message Ox643
> ?
>
> any HELP .......

edmendes

RE: error code: Ox643
i have the same problem

"Jim bob" wrote:

> cannot install framework 3 or 2 when install is almost finished I get a
> message saying that the install was not installed with an error message Ox643
> ?
>
> any HELP .......

PA Bear

Re: error code: Ox643
When you try to install an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, or 2.0,
you may receive Windows Update error code "0x643" or Windows Installer error
code "1603":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.org/

Jim bob wrote:
> cannot install framework 3 or 2 when install is almost finished I get a
> message saying that the install was not installed with an error message
> Ox643 ?
>
> any HELP .......

Jim bob

RE: error code: Ox643
Dear edmendes try this it worked for me it takes some time but it worked for
me good luck Jimbob

Dear Jim,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Online Support Service. My name is Shaon,
and I am glad to work with you. For your reference, the case ID for this
service request is SRX1049560417. You can contact me directly by writing an
email to v-30shs@mssupport.microsoft.com with the case ID in the subject
line.

First, I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to your support
request. Please be assured that you have successfully contacted the correct
support team and I will be working with you to address your concerns as
quickly as possible. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience that the delay
may have caused you.

From your description, I understand that after removing .NET Framework 2.0
by using Windows Installer Cleanup tool, it still failed to be reinstalled
with the error message on the screenshot (error code 0x80131107). If there
has been any misunderstanding, please let me know.

I understand the inconvenience you have experienced. Please be assured that
I will do my best to help you.

..NET Framework installation issue can be caused if there is any other
version of .NET Framework installed on the computer (such as .NET Framework
3.0).

To install this update, we will need to remove all versions and install them
one by one.

The following tool can help us remove all .NET Framework versions.

Remove all versions of .NET Framework
==============================
1. Please download the tool from the following link:
http://astebner.sts.winisp.net/Tools...eanup_tool.zip

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a
company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or
otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

2. Please save the zip file (dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip) from the above link
to the local Desktop and extract it.
3. Double click cleanup_tool.exe to run the tool.
4. Please follow the instructions given.

In the "Product to cleanup:" box, please select ".NET Framework - Both
versions".

5. Click "Cleanup Now" button.

Note: please understand that some programs will lose function after removing
..NET Framework, we will have to reinstall these programs after reinstalling
..NET Framework. So we can also hide the update directly if the computer works
fine now to avoid these kinds of issues.

After finishing the steps above, let's download.NET Framework 2.0 and
install it. Here are the detailed steps:

1. Please download the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable
Package from the following link and save it to desktop.

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365)
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...928365-X86.exe

2. Double click to install them in order.

Then, please restart the computer and go to Windows Update website again to
install all updates for .NET Framework 2.0.

NOTE: Please do not install other version such as .NET Framework 1.1 or 3.0
before installing all updates for .NET Framework 2.0.

It may take us some time to perform the above steps. Your patience and
efforts on this are greatly appreciated.

If there are any questions or concerns, feel free to let me know.

I look forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

Shaon Shan
mailto:v-30shs@mssupport.microsoft.com
Microsoft Windows Support Professional

"edmendes" wrote:

> i have the same problem
>
> "Jim bob" wrote:
>
> > cannot install framework 3 or 2 when install is almost finished I get a
> > message saying that the install was not installed with an error message Ox643
> > ?
> >
> > any HELP .......

Wondering

RE: error code: Ox643

Dear Jim:
I'm pretty good at following directions but am far from being a computer
whiz. I'm actually afraid to follow steps that include deleting and
reinstalling items I know nothing about. I'm concerned that what I have is
better than what I'll get.

I'd had the 0x643 error code for months and it was irritating the heck out
of me as I kept being asked (serveral times a day) to install the update,
which I did, but it never installed --- ever. No matter how many times I
repeated the task, how many ways I tried fixing it, the outcome was always
the same.

I finally hid the request and no longer get those messages. I have read
somewhere that, after a while, the computer system compensates and installs
other updates to resolve the issue of the missing update. I worry that I
should have installed it somehow, but I have no "visible" signs that anything
unusual has come from not installing it.

What does anyone know about NOT installing it? This problem didn't arise
until I updated Windows XP Professional, service pack 2. Could that be the
problem?

My message reads "Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1."

Another question (I'm noting if not tenacious) I also read that updates to
Service Pack 1 are no longer being done. If so, could that be the problem? I
am getting updates!

Help a poor, old computer user (almost wrote loser!)

Thanks
PJ

"Jim bob" wrote:

> [...]
>
> Then, please restart the computer and go to Windows Update website again to
> install all updates for .NET Framework 2.0.
>
> NOTE: Please do not install other version such as .NET Framework 1.1 or 3.0
> before installing all updates for .NET Framework 2.0.
>
> It may take us some time to perform the above steps. Your patience and
> efforts on this are greatly appreciated.
>
> If there are any questions or concerns, feel free to let me know.
>
> I look forward to your reply.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Shaon Shan
> mailto:v-30shs@mssupport.microsoft.com
> Microsoft Windows Support Professional
>

> "edmendes" wrote:
>
> > i have the same problem
> >
> > "Jim bob" wrote:
> >
> > > cannot install framework 3 or 2 when install is almost finished I get a
> > > message saying that the install was not installed with an error message Ox643

Re: error code: Ox643
First, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title).

If no joy, see this recent post by my colleague MowGreen:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...76de7769d04493

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Wondering wrote:
> [...]
>> install it. Here are the detailed steps:
>>
>> 1. Please download the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0
>> Redistributable
>> Package from the following link and save it to desktop.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
>>
>> Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365)
>> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...928365-X86.exe
>>
>> 2. Double click to install them in order.
>>
>> Then, please restart the computer and go to Windows Update website again
>> install all updates for .NET Framework 2.0.
>>
>> NOTE: Please do not install other version such as .NET Framework 1.1 or
>> 3.0
>> before installing all updates for .NET Framework 2.0.
>>
>> It may take us some time to perform the above steps. Your patience and
>> efforts on this are greatly appreciated.
>>
>> If there are any questions or concerns, feel free to let me know.

Wondering

Re: error code: Ox643
Dear PA

Thanks for replying but I'm really afraid to do all that. Removing all
versions and reinstating them? Oh my! What if I don't get all the versions
back on? How could I ever get back what I had before if I mess this whole
thing up? It really scares me.
Since I've had no problems with my computer since hiding that update, should
I just leave well enough alone?

Just,
Wondering

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [...]
> >> install it. Here are the detailed steps:
> >>
> >> 1. Please download the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0
> >> Redistributable
> >> Package from the following link and save it to desktop.
> >>
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
> >>
> >> Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365)
> >> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...928365-X86.exe
> >>
> >> 2. Double click to install them in order.
> >>
> >> Then, please restart the computer and go to Windows Update website again
> >> install all updates for .NET Framework 2.0.
> >>
> >> NOTE: Please do not install other version such as .NET Framework 1.1 or
> >> 3.0
> >> before installing all updates for .NET Framework 2.0.
> >>
> >> It may take us some time to perform the above steps. Your patience and
> >> efforts on this are greatly appreciated.
> >>
> >> If there are any questions or concerns, feel free to let me know.

Pieter

RE: error code: Ox643

"Jim bob" wrote:

> [...]
>
> Then, please restart the computer and go to Windows Update website again to
> install all updates for .NET Framework 2.0.
>
> NOTE: Please do not install other version such as .NET Framework 1.1 or 3.0
> before installing all updates for .NET Framework 2.0.
>
> It may take us some time to perform the above steps. Your patience and
> efforts on this are greatly appreciated.
>
> If there are any questions or concerns, feel free to let me know.
>
> I look forward to your reply.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Shaon Shan
> mailto:v-30shs@mssupport.microsoft.com
> Microsoft Windows Support Professional
>

> "edmendes" wrote:
>
> > i have the same problem
> >
> > "Jim bob" wrote:
> >
> > > cannot install framework 3 or 2 when install is almost finished I get a
> > > message saying that the install was not installed with an error message Ox643

hi Shaon,
thanks very much.After messing around for weeks I followed your instructions
and it worked.One care and MSN vanished,but after reinstaling framework it
all fell into place.
Once again, thanks very much!

Peter Korremans
The Netherlands
Pieter

RE: error code: Ox643

"Wondering" wrote:

> [...]
> > install it. Here are the detailed steps:
> >
> > 1. Please download the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable
> > Package from the following link and save it to desktop.
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
> >
> > Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365)
> > http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...928365-X86.exe
> >
> > 2. Double click to install them in order.
> >
> > Then, please restart the computer and go to Windows Update website again to
> > install all updates for .NET Framework 2.0.
> >
> > NOTE: Please do not install other version such as .NET Framework 1.1 or 3.0
> > before installing all updates for .NET Framework 2.0.
> >
> > It may take us some time to perform the above steps. Your patience and
> > efforts on this are greatly appreciated.
> >
> > If there are any questions or concerns, feel free to let me know.

hi1

I followed the instruction bij Shaon and everything worked again.
many thanks!

Peter
The netherlands