Windows Server update service failed

Richard

Windows Server update service failed
Hi, We get same error message, When check WSUS server.
do you have resolution to solve this problem.

Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.WsusInvali dDataException: The
specified string is invalid.
Parameter name: Title ---> System.ArgumentException: The specified string is
invalid.
Parameter name: Title
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.StringValidation .ValidateUpdateContainerTitleString(String paramName, String value)
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateCo ntainer.set_Title(String
value)
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateCo ntainer..ctor(GenericReadableRow row)
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateCo ntainer..ctor(GenericReadableRow row)
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateCa tegory..ctor(GenericReadableRow row)
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateCa tegory.BuildUpdateCategoryCollection(GenericReadab leRow[] categoryRows)
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateCa tegory.GetAll(DateTime
fromSyncDate, DateTime toSyncDate)
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateSe rver.GetUpdateCategories(DateTime fromSyncDate, DateTime toSyncDate)
at
Administration.Reporting.CurrentStatus.CurrentStat usProxy.GetHomeStatus()
at Administration.Reporting.ReportingXPost.Page_Load( Object sender,
EventArgs e)

[...]
TaurArian

RE: Windows Server update service failed
Hi Richard, have you posted to the WSUS Newsgroup?

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services

Your newsreader:

I would have cross posted it for you but it's too difficult from here using
the web client.

"Richard" wrote:

> Hi, We get same error message, When check WSUS server.
> do you have resolution to solve this problem.
>
> Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.WsusInvali dDataException: The
> specified string is invalid.
> Parameter name: Title ---> System.ArgumentException: The specified string is
> invalid.
> Parameter name: Title
> at
> Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.StringValidation .ValidateUpdateContainerTitleString(String paramName, String value)
> at
> Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateCo ntainer.set_Title(String
> value)
> at
> Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateCo ntainer..ctor(GenericReadableRow row)
> --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
> at
> Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateCo ntainer..ctor(GenericReadableRow row)
> at
> Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateCa tegory..ctor(GenericReadableRow row)
> at
> Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateCa tegory.BuildUpdateCategoryCollection(GenericReadab leRow[] categoryRows)
> at
> Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateCa tegory.GetAll(DateTime
> fromSyncDate, DateTime toSyncDate)
> at
> Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateSe rver.GetUpdateCategories(DateTime fromSyncDate, DateTime toSyncDate)
> at
> Administration.Reporting.CurrentStatus.CurrentStat usProxy.GetHomeStatus()
> at Administration.Reporting.ReportingXPost.Page_Load( Object sender,
> EventArgs e)
>
> at
> Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateCo ntainer..ctor(GenericReadableRow row)
> at
> Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateCa tegory..ctor(GenericReadableRow row)
> at
> Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateCa tegory.BuildUpdateCategoryCollection(GenericReadab leRow[] categoryRows)
> at
> Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateCa tegory.GetAll(DateTime
> fromSyncDate, DateTime toSyncDate)
> at
> Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateSe rver.GetUpdateCategories(DateTime fromSyncDate, DateTime toSyncDate)
> at
> Administration.Reporting.CurrentStatus.CurrentStat usProxy.GetHomeStatus()
> at Administration.Reporting.ReportingXPost.Page_Load( Object sender,
> EventArgs e)

Richard

RE: Windows Server update service failed
Thanks I got the problem resolution, Please find as below linking. Thanks

http://blogs.technet.com/wsus/default.aspx

"Richard"