WindowsUpdate_80004002 WindowsUpdate_dt000

gareth

WindowsUpdate_80004002 WindowsUpdate_dt000
Hi, can anyone help as Microsoft seems to have no information and all
information on here is confusing.

I cannot update windows at all.

When the icon comes up saying 'new updates are ready to install' or when I
access the update page directly all I get is the message 'windows could not
search for new updates' and the error code 80004002.

I have tried deleting the update history, I have fiddled around with the
settings, I have tried installing a load of dll files as suggested somewhere
on this site and nothing works. I also always get the same error code - I
gather some have been getting different ones at times.

Is this a permanent bug associated with a past update? If so, surely there
must be potentially millions of people with the same problem so I cannot
understand why there isn't an official Microsoft response!

Although I'm not a technical moron I'm not an IT whizz so can answers please
be kept in plain English!!!

Thanks for your help
Engel

RE: WindowsUpdate_80004002 WindowsUpdate_dt000
Hello gareth,

Have you try the solutions given here

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

I'm sure you'll get more detailed help from the guys who know a lot more
than me, but I hope this is enough to get you on the right road for now.

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ┬║ut.
- -- --

"gareth" wrote:

> Hi, can anyone help as Microsoft seems to have no information and all
> information on here is confusing.
>
> I cannot update windows at all.
>
> When the icon comes up saying 'new updates are ready to install' or when I
> access the update page directly all I get is the message 'windows could not
> search for new updates' and the error code 80004002.
>
> I have tried deleting the update history, I have fiddled around with the
> settings, I have tried installing a load of dll files as suggested somewhere
> on this site and nothing works. I also always get the same error code - I
> gather some have been getting different ones at times.
>
> Is this a permanent bug associated with a past update? If so, surely there
> must be potentially millions of people with the same problem so I cannot
> understand why there isn't an official Microsoft response!
>
> Although I'm not a technical moron I'm not an IT whizz so can answers please
> be kept in plain English!!!
>
> Thanks for your help

la lokilla

"gareth" wrote:

> Hi, can anyone help as Microsoft seems to have no information and all
> information on here is confusing.
>
> I cannot update windows at all.
>
> When the icon comes up saying 'new updates are ready to install' or when I
> access the update page directly all I get is the message 'windows could not
> search for new updates' and the error code 80004002.
>
> I have tried deleting the update history, I have fiddled around with the
> settings, I have tried installing a load of dll files as suggested somewhere
> on this site and nothing works. I also always get the same error code - I
> gather some have been getting different ones at times.
>
> Is this a permanent bug associated with a past update? If so, surely there
> must be potentially millions of people with the same problem so I cannot
> understand why there isn't an official Microsoft response!
>
> Although I'm not a technical moron I'm not an IT whizz so can answers please
> be kept in plain English!!!
>
> Thanks for your help

sparky

"gareth" wrote:

> Hi, can anyone help as Microsoft seems to have no information and all
> information on here is confusing.
>
> I cannot update windows at all.
>
> When the icon comes up saying 'new updates are ready to install' or when I
> access the update page directly all I get is the message 'windows could not
> search for new updates' and the error code 80004002.
>
> I have tried deleting the update history, I have fiddled around with the
> settings, I have tried installing a load of dll files as suggested somewhere
> on this site and nothing works. I also always get the same error code - I
> gather some have been getting different ones at times.
>
> Is this a permanent bug associated with a past update? If so, surely there
> must be potentially millions of people with the same problem so I cannot
> understand why there isn't an official Microsoft response!
>
> Although I'm not a technical moron I'm not an IT whizz so can answers please
> be kept in plain English!!!
>
> Thanks for your help

sparky

RE: WindowsUpdate_80004002 WindowsUpdate_dt000
I have been having the same problems with windows vista, cannot update
at all.Always comes up with error 80004002, this has been going on for about
a month now. tried all trouble shooting and restoring but nothing helps, glad
to know I'm not alone,was begining to wonder.

"gareth" wrote:

> Hi, can anyone help as Microsoft seems to have no information and all
> information on here is confusing.
>
> I cannot update windows at all.
>
> When the icon comes up saying 'new updates are ready to install' or when I
> access the update page directly all I get is the message 'windows could not
> search for new updates' and the error code 80004002.
>
> I have tried deleting the update history, I have fiddled around with the
> settings, I have tried installing a load of dll files as suggested somewhere
> on this site and nothing works. I also always get the same error code - I
> gather some have been getting different ones at times.
>
> Is this a permanent bug associated with a past update? If so, surely there
> must be potentially millions of people with the same problem so I cannot
> understand why there isn't an official Microsoft response!
>
> Although I'm not a technical moron I'm not an IT whizz so can answers please
> be kept in plain English!!!
>
> Thanks for your help

Dani_Jayne

"la lokilla" wrote:

> "gareth" wrote:
>
> > Hi, can anyone help as Microsoft seems to have no information and all
> > information on here is confusing.
> >
> > I cannot update windows at all.
> >
> > When the icon comes up saying 'new updates are ready to install' or when I
> > access the update page directly all I get is the message 'windows could not
> > search for new updates' and the error code 80004002.
> >
> > I have tried deleting the update history, I have fiddled around with the
> > settings, I have tried installing a load of dll files as suggested somewhere
> > on this site and nothing works. I also always get the same error code - I
> > gather some have been getting different ones at times.
> >
> > Is this a permanent bug associated with a past update? If so, surely there
> > must be potentially millions of people with the same problem so I cannot
> > understand why there isn't an official Microsoft response!
> >
> > Although I'm not a technical moron I'm not an IT whizz so can answers please
> > be kept in plain English!!!
> >
> > Thanks for your help

wilson

RE: WindowsUpdate_80004002 WindowsUpdate_dt000
Same problem for me, been all around the internet looking for a solution...
none available =(

help anyone?

"sparky" wrote:

> I have been having the same problems with windows vista, cannot update
> at all.Always comes up with error 80004002, this has been going on for about
> a month now. tried all trouble shooting and restoring but nothing helps, glad
> to know I'm not alone,was begining to wonder.
>
> "gareth" wrote:
>
> > Hi, can anyone help as Microsoft seems to have no information and all
> > information on here is confusing.
> >
> > I cannot update windows at all.
> >
> > When the icon comes up saying 'new updates are ready to install' or when I
> > access the update page directly all I get is the message 'windows could not
> > search for new updates' and the error code 80004002.
> >
> > I have tried deleting the update history, I have fiddled around with the
> > settings, I have tried installing a load of dll files as suggested somewhere
> > on this site and nothing works. I also always get the same error code - I
> > gather some have been getting different ones at times.
> >
> > Is this a permanent bug associated with a past update? If so, surely there
> > must be potentially millions of people with the same problem so I cannot
> > understand why there isn't an official Microsoft response!
> >
> > Although I'm not a technical moron I'm not an IT whizz so can answers please
> > be kept in plain English!!!
> >
> > Thanks for your help

gareth

RE: WindowsUpdate_80004002 WindowsUpdate_dt000
still not sorted this problem out but windows defender has automatically
downloaded some updates - there's no consistency or pattern to this.

now that service pack 1 is released, should i just download the stand alone
version and hope it all fixes itself???

"gareth" wrote:

> Hi, can anyone help as Microsoft seems to have no information and all
> information on here is confusing.
>
> I cannot update windows at all.
>
> When the icon comes up saying 'new updates are ready to install' or when I
> access the update page directly all I get is the message 'windows could not
> search for new updates' and the error code 80004002.
>
> I have tried deleting the update history, I have fiddled around with the
> settings, I have tried installing a load of dll files as suggested somewhere
> on this site and nothing works. I also always get the same error code - I
> gather some have been getting different ones at times.
>
> Is this a permanent bug associated with a past update? If so, surely there
> must be potentially millions of people with the same problem so I cannot
> understand why there isn't an official Microsoft response!
>
> Although I'm not a technical moron I'm not an IT whizz so can answers please
> be kept in plain English!!!
>
> Thanks for your help

ayiboy

RE: WindowsUpdate_80004002 WindowsUpdate_dt000
i have this problem too. did you find a solution?

"gareth" wrote:

> Hi, can anyone help as Microsoft seems to have no information and all
> information on here is confusing.
>
> I cannot update windows at all.
>
> When the icon comes up saying 'new updates are ready to install' or when I
> access the update page directly all I get is the message 'windows could not
> search for new updates' and the error code 80004002.
>
> I have tried deleting the update history, I have fiddled around with the
> settings, I have tried installing a load of dll files as suggested somewhere
> on this site and nothing works. I also always get the same error code - I
> gather some have been getting different ones at times.
>
> Is this a permanent bug associated with a past update? If so, surely there
> must be potentially millions of people with the same problem so I cannot
> understand why there isn't an official Microsoft response!
>
> Although I'm not a technical moron I'm not an IT whizz so can answers please
> be kept in plain English!!!
>
> Thanks for your help

gareth

RE: WindowsUpdate_80004002 WindowsUpdate_dt000
nope, there are various suggestions that seem to work for some if you search
on this but there's nothing that works for me. genuinely have no idea what's
wrong and have kind of given up hope!