Some help me please

barrie

Some help me please
Hi there Im running vista home basic 32bit on a dell inspiron 1501, but i
cant download and updates at all ive tried everything i can think of, one of
my friends has said maybe the best way to sort it is to re install vista or
better yet go back to xp pro. Everytime i get the updates it says cannot
install, i get a variety of error codes aswell. Could some help as im ripping
my hair out with this. Ive looked everywhere this is my last chance.

Jim

Re: Some help me please

"barrie" <barrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there Im running vista home basic 32bit on a dell inspiron 1501, but i
> cant download and updates at all ive tried everything i can think of, one
> of
> my friends has said maybe the best way to sort it is to re install vista
> or
> better yet go back to xp pro. Everytime i get the updates it says cannot
> install, i get a variety of error codes aswell. Could some help as im
> ripping
> my hair out with this. Ive looked everywhere this is my last chance.

So you get error codes!!! Nobody can help you if you don't tell us what the
error codes are.

Jim

Engel

RE: Some help me please
Hello barrie,

Please pºst the last 50 or so lines of the WindowsUpdate.log
Go to Start > Run > type in [or copy&paste the below into the Open: line]

%windir%\windowsupdate.log

Click OK or press Enter

Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the log
яesults.
- -- ---