Pulling my hair our! Windows Update keeps on telling me to intall Dreamscene!

mlai

Pulling my hair our! Windows Update keeps on telling me to intall Dreamscene!
On one of my Vista Ultimate x64 computers, Windows Update repeatedly tells
me to install Dreamscene despite being already installed. No errors in the
event logs. System has been rebooted after the install. When the system
boots up, it said windows update successfully installed update. However, on
the system reboot/shutdown icon, there is still an orange shield with
shutdown and install updates.

The system is connect to a WSUS3 server but I tried updating via the
Microsoft option and the result is the same.

Please help!!!! I have 3 machines on my network with fairly identical
configs (same standard policies from a SBS2003 domain) and only this machine
is having problems.....

PS. Windows Update check for update feature takes a really long time (like
over 30mins) and it only comes back and tells me to install dreamscene
again!

Rob

Re: Pulling my hair our! Windows Update keeps on telling me to intall Dreamscene!

"mlai" <mlai@community.nospam> wrote in message
> On one of my Vista Ultimate x64 computers, Windows Update repeatedly tells
> me to install Dreamscene despite being already installed. No errors in
> the event logs. System has been rebooted after the install. When the
> system boots up, it said windows update successfully installed update.
> However, on the system reboot/shutdown icon, there is still an orange
> shield with shutdown and install updates.
>
> The system is connect to a WSUS3 server but I tried updating via the
> Microsoft option and the result is the same.
>
> Please help!!!! I have 3 machines on my network with fairly identical
> configs (same standard policies from a SBS2003 domain) and only this
> machine is having problems.....
>
> PS. Windows Update check for update feature takes a really long time
> (like over 30mins) and it only comes back and tells me to install
> dreamscene again!

Try uninstalling all Dreamscene updates and re-installing them again. See
this discussion:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...5653d9bbd9&p=1

Rob

--
Red meat isn't bad for you....Blue, Green fuzzy meat is bad for you.

Dell Dimension 8300 Desktop
P4 3.0GHz
1GB RAM
Windows Vista Ultimate 32Bit
ATI Radeon 9800 XT
Creative SB Audigy 2

mlai

Re: Pulling my hair our! Windows Update keeps on telling me to intall Dreamscene!
Thanks for the link! Finally, I uninstalled everything dreamscene and then
windows update is normal again!

Thanks very much!