windows update, error 80070017

konradk

windows update, error 80070017
Hi..
My operating system is Windows Vista Business.. i was installing windows
updates as soon as they came up, but for last two weeks i've got 6 updates
that are failing to install, and i'm geting 80070017 error all the time, i've
googled this error and it's some kind of crc data error, so i've turned
windows update off, then i've turn them on and i've downloaded them second
time but error message remain.. kinda run out of ideas, how to get rid of
this error..

any suggestions in my situasion..

sorry about my english, i've tried..

p.s. oh and updates that i cannot install are KB939653, KB941292, KB933729,
KB933360, KB939159, KB941651..

looking forward to any responses..

Konrad Kaliszewski
Engel

RE: windows update, error 80070017
Hello Konrad,

0x80070017 -2147024873 ERROR_CRC Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

Files may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for
installation are available, and restart the installation.

Reboot into safe mºde (F-8)
- -- --

Empty user and system "temp" folders.

Go to Start > Run > copy and paste the below into the Open: line

%systemdrive%\temp
delete the contents of the %systemdrive%\temp folder .

%systemdrive%\%windir%\temp
delete the contents of the %systemdrive%\%windir%\temp folder

%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Temp
delete the contents of the %systemdrive%\Documents and
Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Temp folder
- -- --

Clean up the system (clearing out all the Temp/Tmp folders, and included all
offline content, clearing the browser TIF, Delete Cookies , do a Disk
CleanUp.

Click the Start button . In the Search box, type Disk Cleanup, and then, in
the list of results, click Disk Cleanup.
- -- ---

Exit Safe Mode (Rebººt)
- -- --

Perhaps some maintenance, try running the "chkdsk /r" command at the command
prompt How to perform disk error checking in Vista

Check Disk or Chkdsk is disk error checking in VISTA. It can be used to
check for corruption and possibly repair errors and bad sectors on the hard
drive.
How to run Checkdisk at boot up CHKDSK
<http://www.vistax64.com/tricks-n-tips/67612-checkdisk.html?ltr=C>
- -- ---

Run SFC /SCANNOW
System File Checker (SFC) checks that all Vista files are where they should
be and that they are uncorrupted.
WHY: You want to ensure that core operating system files have not been
damaged or modified.
How to Repair and Verify the Integrity of Vista System
Files with System File Checker : SFC /SCANNOW
<http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66...tem-files.html >
- -- ---

Rebººt
- - ---

Can you go to Windows Update, select Express (Get high-priority updates),
and apply all offered updates
<http://www.update.microsoft.com>

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut
- -- ---

"konradk" wrote:

> Hi..
> My operating system is Windows Vista Business.. i was installing windows
> updates as soon as they came up, but for last two weeks i've got 6 updates
> that are failing to install, and i'm geting 80070017 error all the time, i've
> googled this error and it's some kind of crc data error, so i've turned
> windows update off, then i've turn them on and i've downloaded them second
> time but error message remain.. kinda run out of ideas, how to get rid of
> this error..
>
> any suggestions in my situasion..
>
> sorry about my english, i've tried..
>
> p.s. oh and updates that i cannot install are KB939653, KB941292, KB933729,
> KB933360, KB939159, KB941651..
>
> looking forward to any responses..
>
> Konrad Kaliszewski

konradk

RE: windows update, error 80070017
hi..
i just want to thank You for your response and for your help.. i've checked
disk c:/ with scandisk and it showed me some bad sectors on it.. but it
wasn't bad sector, it was error in file system.. file GlobalInstallOrder.xml
was corrupted, so i've simply replaced this file with file on Windows Vista
installation disc.. to do this i've just simply take ownership of this file,
then i've changed administrator rights for me and i replaced it..
hopefully it will help other people in the future

Konrad Kaliszewski
Engel

RE: windows update, error 80070017
Hi Konrad,

You're welcome, glad to have been of service and thanks for posting bªck.

Thanks for the report.

Glad to hear all is well now.
- -- -