Windows Update problem after repair XP SP2 Installation

Jorge

Windows Update problem after repair XP SP2 Installation
I had a problem in my notebook. I've done a repair to my windows xp sp2
professional edition.
Everything Ok until here. The problem came after restarting the notebook!
Automatically I have this "automatic update shield" telling me I have 75
updates to do. I click yes and after a wile comes a message that it couldn't
install some of the updates. None of the updates are installed.
The "shield" is always there saying the updates are ready to install!
Anyone knows the solution for this?
Thanks,
Jorge
sdlomi2

Re: Windows Update problem after repair XP SP2 Installation

"Jorge" <Jorge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had a problem in my notebook. I've done a repair to my windows xp sp2
> professional edition.
> Everything Ok until here. The problem came after restarting the notebook!
> Automatically I have this "automatic update shield" telling me I have 75
> updates to do. I click yes and after a wile comes a message that it
> couldn't
> install some of the updates. None of the updates are installed.
> The "shield" is always there saying the updates are ready to install!
> Anyone knows the solution for this?
> Thanks,
> Jorge

I have tried the suggestion below, recommended by Bob ((leanin' cedar)
in a ng-post (see Joe Medford - 8.10.07) - it worked for me numerous times.

1. Click on Start and then click Run,
2. In the open field type "REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL" (without quotation marks) and
press Enter.
3. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in WUAPI.DLL succeeded" message,
click OK.
4. Please repeat these steps for each of the following commands:
REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL
REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL
REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL
REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL

HTH & good luck, s

Shenan Stanley

sdlomi2 wrote:
> I have tried the suggestion below, recommended by Bob ((leanin'
> cedar) in a ng-post (see Joe Medford - 8.10.07) - it worked for me
> numerous times.
> 1. Click on Start and then click Run,
> 2. In the open field type "REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL" (without quotation
> marks) and press Enter.
> 3. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in WUAPI.DLL succeeded"
> message, click OK.
> 4. Please repeat these steps for each of the following commands:
> REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL
> REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL

Updates are not installed successfully from Windows Update,
from Microsoft Update, or by using Automatic Updates after
you repair a Windows XP installation
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Can't figure that out?

Get Dial-a-Fix:
http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix

Use its options to fix:
- Windows Installer
- Windows Update
- All the Registration Center options.

Turn off the "Empty System32\Catroot 2"
Do NOT do "Flush SoftwareDistribution".

Then click "GO" and wait until it is done... Reboot will be needed.

- Download/Install Windows Update v3.

http://download.windowsupdate.com/Wi...gent30-x86.exe
(You *may* need to install it using the command line switch "/wuforce"
right after the reboot - immediately after logging in.)

- Download/Install the 927891 patch.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...9-404327772E5A

- Reboot.

- Visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and scan for/install updates.

- Come back and let us know how things went!

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Jorge

Re: Windows Update problem after repair XP SP2 Installation
Thank you both,

It worked perfectly,

I have only registered the file Wups2.dll and the automatic updates started
installing.

Great

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Jorge wrote:
> > I had a problem in my notebook. I've done a repair to my windows
> > xp sp2 professional edition.
> > Everything Ok until here. The problem came after restarting the
> > notebook! Automatically I have this "automatic update shield"
> > telling me I have 75 updates to do. I click yes and after a wile
> > comes a message that it couldn't
> > install some of the updates. None of the updates are installed.
> > The "shield" is always there saying the updates are ready to
> > install! Anyone knows the solution for this?

> sdlomi2 wrote:
> > I have tried the suggestion below, recommended by Bob ((leanin'
> > cedar) in a ng-post (see Joe Medford - 8.10.07) - it worked for me
> > numerous times.
> > 1. Click on Start and then click Run,
> > 2. In the open field type "REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL" (without quotation
> > marks) and press Enter.
> > 3. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in WUAPI.DLL succeeded"
> > message, click OK.
> > 4. Please repeat these steps for each of the following commands:
> > REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL
> > REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL
> > REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
> > REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL
> > REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
> > REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
> > REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL

> Updates are not installed successfully from Windows Update,
> from Microsoft Update, or by using Automatic Updates after
> you repair a Windows XP installation
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
>
> Can't figure that out?
>
> Get Dial-a-Fix:
> http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix
>
> Use its options to fix:
> - Windows Installer
> - Windows Update
> - All the Registration Center options.
>
> Turn off the "Empty System32\Catroot 2"
> Do NOT do "Flush SoftwareDistribution".
>
> Then click "GO" and wait until it is done... Reboot will be needed.
>
> - Download/Install Windows Update v3.
>
> http://download.windowsupdate.com/Wi...gent30-x86.exe
> (You *may* need to install it using the command line switch "/wuforce"
> right after the reboot - immediately after logging in.)
>
> - Download/Install the 927891 patch.
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...9-404327772E5A
>
> - Reboot.
>
> - Visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and scan for/install updates.
>
> - Come back and let us know how things went!
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Herb

Re: Windows Update problem after repair XP SP2 Installation
thank you, thank you, thank you.... I have been wrestling with this for about
a week. It is working now...
lel

Re: Windows Update problem after repair XP SP2 Installation
i just want to thank this person very very much.i stayed up til 3 this
morning to try and fix,with no joy.i followed these instructions any
presto......thank you so much....you are so clever )

"sdlomi2" wrote:

> "Jorge" <Jorge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I had a problem in my notebook. I've done a repair to my windows xp sp2
> > professional edition.
> > Everything Ok until here. The problem came after restarting the notebook!
> > Automatically I have this "automatic update shield" telling me I have 75
> > updates to do. I click yes and after a wile comes a message that it
> > couldn't
> > install some of the updates. None of the updates are installed.
> > The "shield" is always there saying the updates are ready to install!
> > Anyone knows the solution for this?
> > Thanks,
> > Jorge

> I have tried the suggestion below, recommended by Bob ((leanin' cedar)
> in a ng-post (see Joe Medford - 8.10.07) - it worked for me numerous times.
>
> 1. Click on Start and then click Run,
> 2. In the open field type "REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL" (without quotation marks) and
> press Enter.
> 3. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in WUAPI.DLL succeeded" message,
> click OK.
> 4. Please repeat these steps for each of the following commands:
> REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL
> REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL
>
> HTH & good luck, s

GVF

Re: Windows Update problem after repair XP SP2 Installation
Great question, great answer!
I too have been messing around this for a week. This fix took all of about
5 minutes.
Thanks

"sdlomi2" wrote:

> "Jorge" <Jorge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I had a problem in my notebook. I've done a repair to my windows xp sp2
> > professional edition.
> > Everything Ok until here. The problem came after restarting the notebook!
> > Automatically I have this "automatic update shield" telling me I have 75
> > updates to do. I click yes and after a wile comes a message that it
> > couldn't
> > install some of the updates. None of the updates are installed.
> > The "shield" is always there saying the updates are ready to install!
> > Anyone knows the solution for this?
> > Thanks,
> > Jorge

> I have tried the suggestion below, recommended by Bob ((leanin' cedar)
> in a ng-post (see Joe Medford - 8.10.07) - it worked for me numerous times.
>
> 1. Click on Start and then click Run,
> 2. In the open field type "REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL" (without quotation marks) and
> press Enter.
> 3. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in WUAPI.DLL succeeded" message,
> click OK.
> 4. Please repeat these steps for each of the following commands:
> REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL
> REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL
>
> HTH & good luck, s

ace

Re: Windows Update problem after repair XP SP2 Installation
Would this fix stop a repeatedly offered update? My update problem may have
been caused by running XPs "PC Health " which included a registry scan.
Thanks!
--
ace

"sdlomi2" wrote:

> "Jorge" <Jorge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I had a problem in my notebook. I've done a repair to my windows xp sp2
> > professional edition.
> > Everything Ok until here. The problem came after restarting the notebook!
> > Automatically I have this "automatic update shield" telling me I have 75
> > updates to do. I click yes and after a wile comes a message that it
> > couldn't
> > install some of the updates. None of the updates are installed.
> > The "shield" is always there saying the updates are ready to install!
> > Anyone knows the solution for this?
> > Thanks,
> > Jorge

> I have tried the suggestion below, recommended by Bob ((leanin' cedar)
> in a ng-post (see Joe Medford - 8.10.07) - it worked for me numerous times.
>
> 1. Click on Start and then click Run,
> 2. In the open field type "REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL" (without quotation marks) and
> press Enter.
> 3. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in WUAPI.DLL succeeded" message,
> click OK.
> 4. Please repeat these steps for each of the following commands:
> REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL
> REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL
>
> HTH & good luck, s

Dave

Re: Windows Update problem after repair XP SP2 Installation
Solution worked perfectly. I has been trying many things for two weeks with
no success and your solution worked immediately. Thanks!