Control Panel

Demonic

Control Panel
For some reason everytime I click on Control Panel my Windows Explorer
crashes. Any tips? Suggestions? It happens everytime.
TaurArian [MS-MVP]

Re: Control Panel
Perhaps a more appropriate Newsgroup -

How to make a good post: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Windows XP Newsgroups
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ewsgroups.mspx

Welcome to Microsoft Windows Vista Newsgroups
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...s/default.mspx

--
====================================
TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

Defending your machine: http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm

"Demonic" <Demonic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| For some reason everytime I click on Control Panel my Windows Explorer
| crashes. Any tips? Suggestions? It happens everytime.

Demonic

Re: Control Panel
First of all. http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm goes to homes for sale
apartments dating at dts-l.org. Secondly, I think that was a good enough
post. It's exactly what happens. Control Panel crashes my Windows Explorer
when trying to get in to access my Windows Update. And if there was some sort
of automatic update to fix this is could be better, because now I have a
Windows Security Alerts icon on my taskbar and Windows Explorer crashes when
I click on it. And last but not least, this is a post about how to get into
my Control Panel to access my Windows Update since MS had decided to disallow
using update on the webpage when you have Vista.

"TaurArian [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> Perhaps a more appropriate Newsgroup -
>
> How to make a good post: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> Windows XP Newsgroups
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ewsgroups.mspx
>
> Welcome to Microsoft Windows Vista Newsgroups
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...s/default.mspx
>

> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
>
> Defending your machine: http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm

> "Demonic" <Demonic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | For some reason everytime I click on Control Panel my Windows Explorer
> | crashes. Any tips? Suggestions? It happens everytime.

TaurArian - MVP

Re: Control Panel
Your original post didn't mention Vista. Suggest : Start a free Windows Update support
incident request:

The previous link: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm has expired for some reason recently.

This newsgroup is for all Windows Versions not just Vista or WinXP.

I always assume the poster is using Windows XP unless otherwise stated.
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
====================================

| First of all. http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm goes to homes for sale
| apartments dating at dts-l.org. Secondly, I think that was a good enough
| post. It's exactly what happens. Control Panel crashes my Windows Explorer
| when trying to get in to access my Windows Update. And if there was some sort
| of automatic update to fix this is could be better, because now I have a
| Windows Security Alerts icon on my taskbar and Windows Explorer crashes when
| I click on it. And last but not least, this is a post about how to get into
| my Control Panel to access my Windows Update since MS had decided to disallow
| using update on the webpage when you have Vista.
|
| "TaurArian [MS-MVP]" wrote:
|
| > Perhaps a more appropriate Newsgroup -
| >
| > How to make a good post: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
| >
| > Windows XP Newsgroups
| > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ewsgroups.mspx
| >
| > Welcome to Microsoft Windows Vista Newsgroups
| > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...s/default.mspx
| >

| > --
| > ====================================
| > TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
| > ====================================
| >
| > Defending your machine: http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
| >
| > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
| >

| > "Demonic" <Demonic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | For some reason everytime I click on Control Panel my Windows Explorer
| > | crashes. Any tips? Suggestions? It happens everytime.

BarbLynne

Re: Control Panel
This is to TaurArian- If you can't HELP, DON'T ANSWER!
You are RUDE.

"TaurArian [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> Perhaps a more appropriate Newsgroup -
>
> How to make a good post: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> Windows XP Newsgroups
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ewsgroups.mspx
>
> Welcome to Microsoft Windows Vista Newsgroups
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...s/default.mspx
>

> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
>
> Defending your machine: http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm

> "Demonic" <Demonic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | For some reason everytime I click on Control Panel my Windows Explorer
> | crashes. Any tips? Suggestions? It happens everytime.

Tom [Pepper] Willett

Re: Control Panel
Perhaps you should ask in an appropriate newsgroup and offer more
information?

"BarbLynne" <BarbLynne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: This is to TaurArian- If you can't HELP, DON'T ANSWER!
: You are RUDE.
:
:
:
: "TaurArian [MS-MVP]" wrote:
:
: > Perhaps a more appropriate Newsgroup -
: >
: > How to make a good post: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
: >
: > Windows XP Newsgroups
: > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ewsgroups.mspx
: >
: > Welcome to Microsoft Windows Vista Newsgroups
: >
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...s/default.mspx
: >
: >
: > --
: > ====================================
[...]

Alot of people are having the same problem. I have been working on this
since SEP-2007.
Everyone will tell you to go to the hotfix #(936686) - Describes a problem
in which you may be unable to open components such as games, Control Panel,
or the Welcome Center. Or, Control Panel icons do not appear as expected.
The above is only if you have a problem with NERO inCD. Which most of us do
not.

Other people will tell you to turn on this and turn off that. Well it
doesn't work either. It may...temporarily.

Here's where I'm at...at this point, because there is no help out there for
this problem, I found a way to get into the control panel (so you can use it)
but still does not FIX our problem:
Click on "My Computer" and see CONTROL PANEL??? This one will come up for
you!

Hope I've helped somewhat. BarbLynne

CustServeWUNG

Re: Control Panel
Hello BarbLynn
We are sorry that you have found that one of our most experienced and
revered unpaid helpers should be found to be lacking in the social graces
that are found within this group.
However, we do notice that you have commented and added to a post made by
Demonic and were wondering if you and Demonic are the same person.
If not, then it would appear that you do not have an update problem, but a
disagreement with one of our top contributors.
If you do have the same problem as Demonic, it would appear to us that the
advice given to him was the only correct advice that could be given under
the circumstances of the original posters question.
We would therefore suggest that you follow, with care that advice which is
repeated below. In this group you will only find experts regarding windows
updates, which of course means, that these experts will not have a clue
about problems that involve Control Panel troubleshooting.

How to make a good post: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Windows XP Newsgroups
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ewsgroups.mspx
Welcome to Microsoft Windows Vista Newsgroups
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...s/default.mspx

We have also noticed that for some reason, best known to yourself, that you
are using that archaic, slow, error prone, web interface discussion group.
You might find newsgroups a more favourable media through which to post your
questions and thus avoid those who you may consider to be rude.
If you require further information regarding newsgroups etc, then do contact
us in the appropriate group.
Thank you for using this service - perhaps you will return in the near
future, should you be lucky enough to have a total crash of your computer
system.
Regards
Fred
CustServ WUNG

"BarbLynne" <BarbLynne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is to TaurArian- If you can't HELP, DON'T ANSWER!
> You are RUDE.

>> "Demonic" <Demonic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> | For some reason everytime I click on Control Panel my Windows Explorer
>> | crashes. Any tips? Suggestions? It happens everytime.

antioch

Re: Control Panel
Replies intertwined

> Alot of people are having the same problem. I have been working on this
> since SEP-2007.

Well, they may have, but we in this group will not see these problems

> Everyone will tell you to go to the hotfix #(936686) - Describes a problem
> in which you may be unable to open components such as games, Control
> Panel,
> or the Welcome Center. Or, Control Panel icons do not appear as expected.
> The above is only if you have a problem with NERO inCD. Which most of us
> do not.
> Other people will tell you to turn on this and turn off that. Well it
> doesn't work either. It may...temporarily.

Turn what on/off? That is not much help.

> Here's where I'm at...at this point,

Which is still in the wrong group, I am afraid.

> because there is no help out there for
> this problem,

But there may be help if you use the correct group - windowsxp.general -
that is if you have WINXP - nobody knows what your OS is?
Search for the correct group in that discussion group you are using.

> Hope I've helped somewhat. BarbLynne

Alas no help at all - sorry.

Antioch

BarbLynne

Re: Control Panel
Not everyone who is "experienced" is helpful or NICE! Too bad M/S can't come
up with an easy fix to this priblem.

Why would I be answering myself...think about it. I am not Demonic.

AND what do you mean, "if I'm lucky enough to have a crash"? Are you
wishing for me to have a crash? That's grown up.

Anyway-don't bother to respond, I won't be reading it.