Re: Win Update error

MowGreen

Re: Win Update error
NO. Do not install it. It's not needed and it has caused issues. Just
search this newsgroup <w>

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

MrHyphyA.D.D. wrote:
> Hi. I've been receiving the same error message, which I realize is a generic
> error code for updating issues, but I'm unable to install the Windows Destop
> Search 3.01 for XP update. Any ideas how to resolve this problem. And do I
> even really need this update?
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> Windows version? Any error messages?
>>
>> Here's one possibility:
>>
>> When you try to install an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, or 2.0,
>> you may receive Windows Update error code "0x643" or Windows Installer error
>> code "1603":
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.org/
>>

>> dhreeddh wrote:
>>> Howdy all -
>>> I've not been able to install this update (listed below) for several
>>> months
>>> now. I've tried all the validatation things, etc - still no success. Has
>>> anyone else had this problem? What can be done about it? Is there a way
>>> fix this? My PC keeps telling me to install this, as it's "important".
>>>
>>> Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1
>>> (KB929729)
>>>
>>> Download size: 8.6 MB
>>>
>>> You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.
>>>
>>> Update type: Important
>>>
>>> A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to
>>> compromise your Windows-based system running the Microsoft .NET Framework
>>> and gain complete control over it. You can help protect your computer by
>>> installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you
>>> may
>>> have to restart your computer.

MrHyphyA.D.D.

Re: Win Update error
Thanks for the heads up! I was able to fix my update issue before I received
your response. But I quickly began to realize what a resource waster this
WDS was and after reading through some of the forum responses you directed me
to check out, I quickly moved to uninstall this unnecessary piece of CPU
draining rubbish from my system. Thanks!
Take care!