Vista

Paul

Vista
I have a 6 month old computer running Vista Home Basic, when ever I get
updates etc the computer locks up and i have to hold the start button in to
switch off and on again. Also the computer is running really slow and keeps
coming up 'NOT RESPONDING' but i hold down cont,alt & delete and nothing
happens so i have to switch off again. Yesterday acrobat reader tried to send
down 2 updates that kept getting stuck, in the end i had to into control
panel to uninstall acrobat reader. Any one out ther got any advise. I have
just switched off all secruity to see if that helps, if not i think it will
go out the window. Please please please anyone help??
antioch

Re: Vista

>I have a 6 month old computer running Vista Home Basic, when ever I get
> updates etc the computer locks up and i have to hold the start button in
> switch off and on again. Also the computer is running really slow and
> keeps
> coming up 'NOT RESPONDING' but i hold down cont,alt & delete and nothing
> happens so i have to switch off again. Yesterday acrobat reader tried to
> send
> down 2 updates that kept getting stuck, in the end i had to into control
> panel to uninstall acrobat reader. Any one out ther got any advise. I have
> just switched off all secruity to see if that helps, if not i think it
> will
> go out the window. Please please please anyone help??

Why not send it back to the builder?
Antioch

LC

RE: Vista
hello paul, i had the same problem. windows fixed the problem via phone call.
It was my fire walls. I had spyware, windows, and Norton. They need to be re
configurated. In my case i adjusted the spyware firewall. I have a new vista
windows computer. Hope that helps.
"Paul" wrote:

> I have a 6 month old computer running Vista Home Basic, when ever I get
> updates etc the computer locks up and i have to hold the start button in to
> switch off and on again. Also the computer is running really slow and keeps
> coming up 'NOT RESPONDING' but i hold down cont,alt & delete and nothing
> happens so i have to switch off again. Yesterday acrobat reader tried to send
> down 2 updates that kept getting stuck, in the end i had to into control
> panel to uninstall acrobat reader. Any one out ther got any advise. I have
> just switched off all secruity to see if that helps, if not i think it will
> go out the window. Please please please anyone help??

Brian Sullivan

Re: Vista
How many GB of ram and memory do you have? If you don't have at least 2GB
and 120GB of mem, you won't even be able to operate Vista. GO back to XP!

--
Brian Sullivan
mrbeesting@hotmail.com