Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Vista crashes (blue screen) when playing audio

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-29-2007
kiwi
 

Posts: n/a
Vista crashes (blue screen) when playing audio
I have just built my first pc and installed vista home premium, but every
time i try to play any audio, after a few seconds vista freezes (blue
screens).
When the pc comes back on it says that the nvidia nforce4 audio driver needs
updating. So i downloaded the latest driver off the nvidia website, but when
i try to install it it says that the driver is allready installed. can
anybody help me please
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-29-2007
DL
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista crashes (blue screen) when playing audio
After installing Vista, or during, you used the drivers for chipset etc
supplied with your hardware?
Have you used winupdate for any drivers?

"kiwi" <kiwi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E61BCB7E-0BCB-42AE-9E71-FA8F8E5EEC9B@microsoft.com...
>I have just built my first pc and installed vista home premium, but every
> time i try to play any audio, after a few seconds vista freezes (blue
> screens).
> When the pc comes back on it says that the nvidia nforce4 audio driver
> needs
> updating. So i downloaded the latest driver off the nvidia website, but
> when
> i try to install it it says that the driver is allready installed. can
> anybody help me please



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-29-2007
kiwi
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista crashes (blue screen) when playing audio
yes i used winupdate for the drivers, when i go on driver update history, its
says that the driver that i need failed to install, but when i try to update
the driver, it says it is up to date.

"DL" wrote:

> After installing Vista, or during, you used the drivers for chipset etc
> supplied with your hardware?
> Have you used winupdate for any drivers?
>
> "kiwi" <kiwi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:E61BCB7E-0BCB-42AE-9E71-FA8F8E5EEC9B@microsoft.com...
> >I have just built my first pc and installed vista home premium, but every
> > time i try to play any audio, after a few seconds vista freezes (blue
> > screens).
> > When the pc comes back on it says that the nvidia nforce4 audio driver
> > needs
> > updating. So i downloaded the latest driver off the nvidia website, but
> > when
> > i try to install it it says that the driver is allready installed. can
> > anybody help me please

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-29-2007
DL
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista crashes (blue screen) when playing audio
Well winupdate is the wrong place to get drivers.
Roll back any drivers installed via winupdate

"kiwi" <kiwi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsF506928-C812-4AA1-ADE7-062C0BD3EABC@microsoft.com...
> yes i used winupdate for the drivers, when i go on driver update history,
> its
> says that the driver that i need failed to install, but when i try to
> update
> the driver, it says it is up to date.
>
> "DL" wrote:
>
>> After installing Vista, or during, you used the drivers for chipset etc
>> supplied with your hardware?
>> Have you used winupdate for any drivers?
>>
>> "kiwi" <kiwi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:E61BCB7E-0BCB-42AE-9E71-FA8F8E5EEC9B@microsoft.com...
>> >I have just built my first pc and installed vista home premium, but
>> >every
>> > time i try to play any audio, after a few seconds vista freezes (blue
>> > screens).
>> > When the pc comes back on it says that the nvidia nforce4 audio driver
>> > needs
>> > updating. So i downloaded the latest driver off the nvidia website, but
>> > when
>> > i try to install it it says that the driver is allready installed. can
>> > anybody help me please

>>
>>
>>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2007
kiwi
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista crashes (blue screen) when playing audio
it wont let me roll back the driver for the nvidia nforce audio, that button
is greyed out.

"DL" wrote:

> Well winupdate is the wrong place to get drivers.
> Roll back any drivers installed via winupdate
>
> "kiwi" <kiwi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsF506928-C812-4AA1-ADE7-062C0BD3EABC@microsoft.com...
> > yes i used winupdate for the drivers, when i go on driver update history,
> > its
> > says that the driver that i need failed to install, but when i try to
> > update
> > the driver, it says it is up to date.
> >
> > "DL" wrote:
> >
> >> After installing Vista, or during, you used the drivers for chipset etc
> >> supplied with your hardware?
> >> Have you used winupdate for any drivers?
> >>
> >> "kiwi" <kiwi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:E61BCB7E-0BCB-42AE-9E71-FA8F8E5EEC9B@microsoft.com...
> >> >I have just built my first pc and installed vista home premium, but
> >> >every
> >> > time i try to play any audio, after a few seconds vista freezes (blue
> >> > screens).
> >> > When the pc comes back on it says that the nvidia nforce4 audio driver
> >> > needs
> >> > updating. So i downloaded the latest driver off the nvidia website, but
> >> > when
> >> > i try to install it it says that the driver is allready installed. can
> >> > anybody help me please
> >>
> >>
> >>

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2007
DL
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista crashes (blue screen) when playing audio
I'm not up to speed on Vista, so I'd suggest you post this to a Vista
group - unless anyone else chips in.
You should NOT install any drivers from winupdate, source drivers only from
manufacturers sites

"kiwi" <kiwi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news5FBFDF1-9054-4BA4-8EF5-96552124D700@microsoft.com...
> it wont let me roll back the driver for the nvidia nforce audio, that
> button
> is greyed out.
>
> "DL" wrote:
>
>> Well winupdate is the wrong place to get drivers.
>> Roll back any drivers installed via winupdate
>>
>> "kiwi" <kiwi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> newsF506928-C812-4AA1-ADE7-062C0BD3EABC@microsoft.com...
>> > yes i used winupdate for the drivers, when i go on driver update
>> > history,
>> > its
>> > says that the driver that i need failed to install, but when i try to
>> > update
>> > the driver, it says it is up to date.
>> >
>> > "DL" wrote:
>> >
>> >> After installing Vista, or during, you used the drivers for chipset
>> >> etc
>> >> supplied with your hardware?
>> >> Have you used winupdate for any drivers?
>> >>
>> >> "kiwi" <kiwi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:E61BCB7E-0BCB-42AE-9E71-FA8F8E5EEC9B@microsoft.com...
>> >> >I have just built my first pc and installed vista home premium, but
>> >> >every
>> >> > time i try to play any audio, after a few seconds vista freezes
>> >> > (blue
>> >> > screens).
>> >> > When the pc comes back on it says that the nvidia nforce4 audio
>> >> > driver
>> >> > needs
>> >> > updating. So i downloaded the latest driver off the nvidia website,
>> >> > but
>> >> > when
>> >> > i try to install it it says that the driver is allready installed.
>> >> > can
>> >> > anybody help me please
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>

>>
>>
>>



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-31-2007
kiwi
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista crashes (blue screen) when playing audio
Ok i will do, thanks for your help.

"DL" wrote:

> I'm not up to speed on Vista, so I'd suggest you post this to a Vista
> group - unless anyone else chips in.
> You should NOT install any drivers from winupdate, source drivers only from
> manufacturers sites
>
> "kiwi" <kiwi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news5FBFDF1-9054-4BA4-8EF5-96552124D700@microsoft.com...
> > it wont let me roll back the driver for the nvidia nforce audio, that
> > button
> > is greyed out.
> >
> > "DL" wrote:
> >
> >> Well winupdate is the wrong place to get drivers.
> >> Roll back any drivers installed via winupdate
> >>
> >> "kiwi" <kiwi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> newsF506928-C812-4AA1-ADE7-062C0BD3EABC@microsoft.com...
> >> > yes i used winupdate for the drivers, when i go on driver update
> >> > history,
> >> > its
> >> > says that the driver that i need failed to install, but when i try to
> >> > update
> >> > the driver, it says it is up to date.
> >> >
> >> > "DL" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> After installing Vista, or during, you used the drivers for chipset
> >> >> etc
> >> >> supplied with your hardware?
> >> >> Have you used winupdate for any drivers?
> >> >>
> >> >> "kiwi" <kiwi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >> news:E61BCB7E-0BCB-42AE-9E71-FA8F8E5EEC9B@microsoft.com...
> >> >> >I have just built my first pc and installed vista home premium, but
> >> >> >every
> >> >> > time i try to play any audio, after a few seconds vista freezes
> >> >> > (blue
> >> >> > screens).
> >> >> > When the pc comes back on it says that the nvidia nforce4 audio
> >> >> > driver
> >> >> > needs
> >> >> > updating. So i downloaded the latest driver off the nvidia website,
> >> >> > but
> >> >> > when
> >> >> > i try to install it it says that the driver is allready installed.
> >> >> > can
> >> >> > anybody help me please
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista crashes (blue screen) after a few minutes while playing any =?Utf-8?B?ZG1jaGVucnk3Nw==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.games 9 11-13-2007 22:44
vista crashes into blue screen. it's not really more robust or sec LL microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 6 08-05-2007 01:53
Vista crashes (blue screen) after a few minutes while playing any =?Utf-8?B?ZG1jaGVucnk3Nw==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 10 06-06-2007 11:22
Vista - blue screen crashes =?Utf-8?B?R2x5bg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-28-2007 09:14
VIsta crashes constanly with a blue screen =?Utf-8?B?ZHVtYmxlZG9y?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 03-10-2007 19:56




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:06.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120