Re: Problems after upgrading from WSUS 2.0 to WSUS 3.0

R.liderman

Re: Problems after upgrading from WSUS 2.0 to WSUS 3.0
I am having the same issue as you,
I have upgraded from Ver 2 to 3 I can see the Computers but my sys log is
loaded with :The SimpleAuth Web Service is not working. error 12042:"
If you have the found the solution please forward
Thanks
Ran

"TaurArian [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> [...]
> | the same AD domain as the WSUS server. IF my co worker or myself logs on to
> | their PCs we can access the WSUS server through the remote console.
> |
> | My IIS settings for the WSUS admin site are as follows,
> |
> | Default Website Require SSL Authentication
> |
> | Client web services no anonymous
> | Self Update no anonymous
> |
> | WSUS Administration site
> | API Removing 30 yes Integrated
> | Client web services yes anonymous
> | Content no anonymous
> | Dss Auth Webservice yes anonymous
> | Inventory no anonymous
> | Reporting Webservice no anonymous
> | Self Update no anonymous + Integrated
> | Server Sync Webservice yes anonymous
> | Simple Auth Webservice yes anonymous
> |

> | I also see the following errors in the application log. These errors seem to
> | be common among lot of other WSUS 3.0 users who have commented in the WSUS
> | forums and are supposed to related
> | the Server Health monitoring subsystem of WSUS. Although these error appear
> | in the application log the WSUS server works fine except the console access
> | problem which I mentioned before.
> |
> | Event Type: Error
> | Event Source: Windows Server Update Services
> | Event Category: Web Services
> | Event ID: 12012
> | The API Remoting Web Service is not working.
> |
> | Event Type: Error
> | Event Source: Windows Server Update Services
> | Event Category: Web Services
> | Event ID: 12032
> | The Server Synchronization Web Service is not working.
> |

> | Event Type: Error
> | Event Source: Windows Server Update Services
> | Event Category: Web Services
> | Event ID: 12022
> | The Client Web Service is not working.
> |
> | Event Type: Error
> | Event Source: Windows Server Update Services
> | Event Category: Web Services
> | Event ID: 12042
> | The SimpleAuth Web Service is not working.
> |
> | Event Type: Error
> | Event Source: Windows Server Update Services
> | Event Category: Web Services
> | Event ID: 12052
> | The DSS Authentication Web Service is not working.
> |
> | I have been visiting most of the WSUS forums out there; these errors are
> | common among lot of other users out there although some are for new
> | installations of WSUS 3.0. I have tried all of the solutions suggested in the
> | following forum postings page and have still not had any luck with then issue
> | on our server.
> |
> | http://www.wsus.info/forums/lofivers...hp?t10007.html
> |
> | Appreciate if anyone can let me know of any suggestions you might have,
> |
> | Thanks for your help,
> |
> | SRMW
> |

> Perhaps try the WSUS Newsgroup
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/com... date_services

> (OE client)
>
> Xposted for convenience
> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

"R.liderman" <Rliderman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> "SRMW" <SRMW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> | Hello,
>> |
>> | We are having some strange problems after upgrading our secure WSUS 2.0
>> SP1
>> | server to WSUS 3.0.

> I am having the same issue as you,
> I have upgraded from Ver 2 to 3

This particular upgrade issue is well documented in the release notes.

Upgrading from WSUS 2.0 to WSUS 3.0 requires the re-entry of the
authentication credentials on the proxy configuration page of the WSUS
Administration Console after completing the upgrade.

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCTS, MCP
MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2007)