RE: Error 0x80072EE2-How to change routher settings
Thanks for your reply. Just thought I'd add that all kinds of things started
happening at once, and I'm wondering if they are related:
1 .Sloooow internet.
2. Have used Hotmail for years-suddenly I can't send emails.
3. Outlook Express wouldn't communicate w/Hotmail (now, of course, Win
Live)-I allowed some exceptions in firewall, now they work together, but
4. Wireless (used as wired) router installed about the same time as Hotmail
6. Husband's XP runs faaast on same router. I can use Hotmail on his ,and
all is fine.
7. Never had ANY trouble with my computer before-hadn't changed anything,
downloaded, added software, etc, right before the trouble started. (except
Win Updates, up until early October)
8. Changed spelling in subject line of this post, and I highly suspect, this
reply won't work either!!
Enough said----does this whole scenario sound familiar to anybody?
Oh, yes, Microsoft and Hotmail Support, have been given a shot at
this....need I say more?
> I'll be following your replies as I have the same issue with my new Vista PC
> unable to access Microsoft.com servers yet my wife's Win-XP via the ethernet
> router can.
> As to accessing your router, open IE browser and type 188.8.131.52 -- this
> should bring up your router's password screen; enter router name & password
> to access router settings. Some routers use admin & password for the entries
> if you haven't changed them yet... Best to write down original settings that
> you change in case they cause an issue with your other PC...
> "amigomama" wrote:
> > Can't get updates. I've tried all the recommended fixes, except changing
> > router settings. Recently got new wireless router, but am using it as a
> > wired. 2 computers on newtwork...one desktop (WinXP) can get updates, the
> > other desktop (Win2000) can't. Have done all the firewall exceptions that I
> > know to do. Could there be another firewall I'm not aware of (ex: downloaded
> > with a Service Pack)?
> > Any firewall help?
> > How to change router settings, without changing registry?