Re: windowsupdate failed after repair install of XP SP2

Neill

Re: windowsupdate failed after repair install of XP SP2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

worked perfectly for me.

i.e
Register wups2.dll and force windows update agent to install.

All my 80+ updates went on no trouble,
AJRussell - SJMillerJK@worldnet.att.net

Re: windowsupdate failed after repair install of XP SP2
Niell,

Thanks for this valuable tip; it saved me hours of troubleshooting for the
systems in my network.

All 84 updates installed like a charm.

"Neill" wrote:

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
>
> worked perfectly for me.
>
> i.e
> Register wups2.dll and force windows update agent to install.
>
> All my 80+ updates went on no trouble,

Neill

Re: windowsupdate failed after repair install of XP SP2
Your welcome. Thanks for the response.

"AJRussell - SJMillerJK@worldnet.att.net" wrote:

> Niell,
>
> Thanks for this valuable tip; it saved me hours of troubleshooting for the
> systems in my network.
>
> All 84 updates installed like a charm.
>
> "Neill" wrote:
>
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
> >
> > worked perfectly for me.
> >
> > i.e
> > Register wups2.dll and force windows update agent to install.
> >
> > All my 80+ updates went on no trouble,

iwarn

Re: windowsupdate failed after repair install of XP SP2
Thanks Neill,

Your posting saved me hours as this problem happened in three machines at
the same time.

Cheers,

Ingrid

"Neill" wrote:

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
>
> worked perfectly for me.
>
> i.e
> Register wups2.dll and force windows update agent to install.
>
> All my 80+ updates went on no trouble,

Neill

Re: windowsupdate failed after repair install of XP SP2
Your welcome. Glad this is coming in useful.

"iwarn" wrote:

> Thanks Neill,
>
> Your posting saved me hours as this problem happened in three machines at
> the same time.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ingrid
>
> "Neill" wrote:
>
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
> >
> > worked perfectly for me.
> >
> > i.e
> > Register wups2.dll and force windows update agent to install.
> >
> > All my 80+ updates went on no trouble,

Chris

Re: windowsupdate failed after repair install of XP SP2
This worked pefectly for the PC I was trying fix.

"Neill" wrote:

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
>
> worked perfectly for me.
>
> i.e
> Register wups2.dll and force windows update agent to install.
>
> All my 80+ updates went on no trouble,

Harry

Re: windowsupdate failed after repair install of XP SP2

When I have this problem I cut and paste the following into a command window
and all updates from there on work fine

Re: windowsupdate failed after repair install of XP SP2
Excellent fix!

Harry wrote:
> When I have this problem I cut and paste the following into a command
> window
> and all updates from there on work fine

camping happily

Re: windowsupdate failed after repair install of XP SP2
wow, i had some virus or malware or spyware problem that really set me back,
automatic updates werent working either, i reinstalled (upgrade) my xp sp2
and it still didnt work, i tried some other solutions i found that were
also mentioned earlier on involving many steps but nothing really worked, of
course im probably saying this to early, as i havent restarted yed, but
auttomatic updates just finished intalling, including defender updates.. and
that was a really simple solution to my problem from the command line, thanks
alot, i was about to do a complete reinstall of my whole system, which would
have set me back a week or more.