Windows Vista Update

Amy

Windows Vista Update
I get error code 80248007 when I try to run my updates. I had it set to
automatic and now find that nothing has been updated since June...Microsoft
doesn't have an answer for it's own error code. Any suggestions??
PA Bear

Re: Windows Vista Update
See suggestions in this archived thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...2a74604f083b5e

==========================

Support for Windows Update:

Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from
Microsoft Product Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no-charge for
support calls that are associated with security updates. When you call,
clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the
update's KB number (e.g., KB931678).

In other countries, see
http://support.microsoft.com/default...r=securityhome > "No-Charge
Support...for virus and other security-related" issues in right-hand menu
for localized contact information.

For more information about how to contact Microsoft for support issues,
visit the International Support Web site:
https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.org/

Amy wrote:
> I get error code 80248007 when I try to run my updates. I had it set to
> automatic and now find that nothing has been updated since
> June...Microsoft
> doesn't have an answer for it's own error code. Any suggestions??

Amy

Re: Windows Vista Update
Thanks but it wouldn't take those commands...not sure if I am reading the
correctly...spaces etc...

"PA Bear" wrote:

> See suggestions in this archived thread:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...2a74604f083b5e
>
> ==========================

> Support for Windows Update:
>
> Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from
> Microsoft Product Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no-charge for
> support calls that are associated with security updates. When you call,
> clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the
> update's KB number (e.g., KB931678).
>
> In other countries, see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...r=securityhome > "No-Charge
> Support...for virus and other security-related" issues in right-hand menu
> for localized contact information.
>
> For more information about how to contact Microsoft for support issues,
> visit the International Support Web site:
> https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.org/
>

> Amy wrote:
> > I get error code 80248007 when I try to run my updates. I had it set to
> > automatic and now find that nothing has been updated since
> > June...Microsoft
> > doesn't have an answer for it's own error code. Any suggestions??

PA Bear

Re: Windows Vista Update
From a Command prompt, type:

net stop wuauserv
[2 spaces: netSPACEstopSPACEwuauserv]

rd %Windir%\softwaredistribution /s /q
[3 spaces: rdSPACE%Windir%\softwaredistributionSPACE/sSPACE/q]

If no joy, start a free WU support incident.
--
~PA Bear