Outlook Express

Jerry Pinsky

Outlook Express
Somehow my Outlook Express cannot show HTML e-mails. If I set the options
to text only I can see them-header & message. Uncheck "text only" and I see
only header.

Jerry

PA Bear

Re: Outlook Express
Try posting to this OE-specific newsgroup instead:

Jerry Pinsky wrote:
> Somehow my Outlook Express cannot show HTML e-mails. If I set the options
> to text only I can see them-header & message. Uncheck "text only" and I
> see
> only header.
>
> Jerry

GailSeib

RE: Outlook Express
The exact same thing has happened to me and I haven't been able to find out
why. It may have been after we upgraded to Windows Live Messenger. I can
open the email and the viewing pane is like a sheet of glass but if I click
in it, CTRL-C to copy and then paste in Word I can read the email. However I
desperately want to solve the problem so if anyone can help you it will help
me too.

"Jerry Pinsky" wrote:

> Somehow my Outlook Express cannot show HTML e-mails. If I set the options
> to text only I can see them-header & message. Uncheck "text only" and I see
> only header.
>
> Jerry

antioch

Re: Outlook Express
Look for the WLM group in that web interface discussion group.
Sorry but you are in the wrong group.

Antioch

"GailSeib" <GailSeib@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The exact same thing has happened to me and I haven't been able to find
> out
> why. It may have been after we upgraded to Windows Live Messenger. I can
> open the email and the viewing pane is like a sheet of glass but if I
> click
> in it, CTRL-C to copy and then paste in Word I can read the email.
> However I
> desperately want to solve the problem so if anyone can help you it will
> help
> me too.
>
> "Jerry Pinsky" wrote:
>
>> Somehow my Outlook Express cannot show HTML e-mails. If I set the
>> options
>> to text only I can see them-header & message. Uncheck "text only" and I
>> see
>> only header.
>>
>> Jerry

Judy Davis

Outlook Express - Jerry Pinsky
In reply to your 27 Oct '07 message regarding Outlook Exprss cannot show HTML e-mails -mine is doing that and "text only" is all I can see and I just am unhappy with it. I thought I was the only one in the world with this problem - how do you fix it? Please reply. Judy
TaurArian

RE: Outlook Express - Jerry Pinsky
Huh! What are you on about? Whose posting are you responding to "27 Oct
'07"????
If you have a problem and whatever it is describe it in more detail and post
on the Outlook Express Newsgroup. This Newsgroup has enough problems of its
own.
Thank you.
--
"Judy Davis" wrote:

> In reply to your 27 Oct '07 message regarding Outlook Exprss cannot show HTML e-mails -mine is doing that and "text only" is all I can see and I just am unhappy with it. I thought I was the only one in the world with this problem - how do you fix it? Please reply. Judy

Re: Outlook Express - Jerry Pinsky
supernews.com strikes again!

TaurArian wrote:
> Huh! What are you on about? Whose posting are you responding to "27 Oct
> '07"????
> If you have a problem and whatever it is describe it in more detail and
> post
> on the Outlook Express Newsgroup. This Newsgroup has enough problems of
> its
> own.
> Thank you.

>> HTML e-mails -mine is doing that and "text only" is all I can see and I
>> just am unhappy with it. I thought I was the only one in the world with
>> this problem - how do you fix it? Please reply. Judy

Re: Outlook Express - Jerry Pinsky
OE Tools | Options | Read | Read all messages in plain text (uncheck)
--
OE-specific newsgroup:

Judy Davis wrote:
> HTML e-mails -mine is doing that and "text only" is all I can see and I
> just am unhappy with it. I thought I was the only one in the world with
> this problem - how do you fix it? Please reply. Judy

TaurArian

Re: Outlook Express - Jerry Pinsky
<snip>.| OE Tools | Options | Read | Read all messages in plain text (uncheck) <snip>

Robear, surely the OP would have checked that one out first? That would have been the most
obvious thing to do.
I still want to know who the reply is to dated 27 Oct '07. Okay, some unknown in
supernews.com.

I'll move on............
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

| supernews.com strikes again!
|
| TaurArian wrote:
| > Huh! What are you on about? Whose posting are you responding to "27 Oct
| > '07"????
| > If you have a problem and whatever it is describe it in more detail and
| > post
| > on the Outlook Express Newsgroup. This Newsgroup has enough problems of
| > its
| > own.
| > Thank you.

| >> HTML e-mails -mine is doing that and "text only" is all I can see and I
| >> just am unhappy with it. I thought I was the only one in the world with
| >> this problem - how do you fix it? Please reply. Judy

Re: Outlook Express - Jerry Pinsky
OT:

Since SP2 was released 4 years ago, I might be suffering from CRS Syndrome
but IIRC that's the default setting after installing SP2 (and, by extension,
when installing SP3 on a WinXP SP1 box). If OP just installed either, (s)he
wouldn't be the first OE user who didn't have this clue. <eg>

Original thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...d0f80a7c5e0d3c
(which took some digging since Google Groups search seems to be horked)

IN RE supernews.com weirdness, compare Judy's headers
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...8?dmode=source
to mine
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...0?dmode=source

Even if she hadn't altered the subject, posts made via that newsgroup never
contain anything in the Reference line except the Reference to the post
being made.