shell32.dll problem

philhuntjr

shell32.dll problem
When I turn on my computer a box pops up asking to run a cpl elevated. My
only options are continue or cancel. I always cancel, but i would like to
solve the problem. There is a details box and when i click it i get the
following:

"C:\windows\system32\runlegacycplelevated.exe"
shell32.dll, control_rundll "stacgui.cpl" page=portmap

Does anyone know why this happens and how to make it stop? i have run my
virus scanner and spysweeper and no alerts or infections come up. someone
please help. i have been researching and asking for help on this for months
now. Thank you for helping me whoever takes the time. i really appreciate it.

--
Phil Hunt
PA Bear

Re: shell32.dll problem
Windows version?

What does your problem have to do with Windows Update?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.org/

philhuntjr wrote:
> When I turn on my computer a box pops up asking to run a cpl elevated. My
> only options are continue or cancel. I always cancel, but i would like to
> solve the problem. There is a details box and when i click it i get the
> following:
>
> "C:\windows\system32\runlegacycplelevated.exe"
> shell32.dll, control_rundll "stacgui.cpl" page=portmap
>
> Does anyone know why this happens and how to make it stop? i have run my
> virus scanner and spysweeper and no alerts or infections come up. someone
> please help. i have been researching and asking for help on this for
> months
> now. Thank you for helping me whoever takes the time. i really appreciate
> it.

philhuntjr

Re: shell32.dll problem
nothing i know, but i need help
--
Phil Hunt

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Windows version?
>
> What does your problem have to do with Windows Update?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.org/
>
> philhuntjr wrote:
> > When I turn on my computer a box pops up asking to run a cpl elevated. My
> > only options are continue or cancel. I always cancel, but i would like to
> > solve the problem. There is a details box and when i click it i get the
> > following:
> >
> > "C:\windows\system32\runlegacycplelevated.exe"
> > shell32.dll, control_rundll "stacgui.cpl" page=portmap
> >
> > Does anyone know why this happens and how to make it stop? i have run my
> > virus scanner and spysweeper and no alerts or infections come up. someone
> > please help. i have been researching and asking for help on this for
> > months
> > now. Thank you for helping me whoever takes the time. i really appreciate
> > it.

PA Bear

Re: shell32.dll problem
Vista-specific newsgroups include:

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unt
microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
microsoft.public.windows.vista.security