Re: update for win xp

PatNM

Re: update for win xp
[Error number: 0x8DDD0002]
To install updates from this website, you must be logged on as an
administrator or a member of the Administrators group on your computer. If
you use Windows XP, you can see if you are an administrator by going to User
Accounts in Control Panel.

Note: If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings
might also prevent you using this website. Contact your system administrator
for help with updates.

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Please post the exact (verbatim) error message(s) you receive. Also tell us
> if you're referring to updating via Windows Update website or WinXP's
> Automatic Updates function.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.org/
>
> PatNM wrote:
> > I have win xp 2 on dell desktop and can't get auto updates because it
> > tells
> > me I am not the administrator. BUT I AM!! certainly know how to set up
> > accounts. Any help would be appreciated.

PA Bear

Re: update for win xp
You receive an "Administrators only" error message when you try to visit the
Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316524/

Also see this archived post by my colleague TauArian:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...00634cafd3e569

===================================

How to configure and use Automatic Updates in WinXP:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306525

PatNM wrote:
> [Error number: 0x8DDD0002]
> To install updates from this website, you must be logged on as an
> administrator or a member of the Administrators group on your computer. If
> you use Windows XP, you can see if you are an administrator by going to
> User
> Accounts in Control Panel.
>
> Note: If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings
> might also prevent you using this website. Contact your system
> administrator
> for help with updates.
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>> Please post the exact (verbatim) error message(s) you receive. Also tell
>> us if you're referring to updating via Windows Update website or WinXP's
>> Automatic Updates function.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.org/
>>
>> PatNM wrote:
>>> I have win xp 2 on dell desktop and can't get auto updates because it
>>> tells
>>> me I am not the administrator. BUT I AM!! certainly know how to set
>>> up
>>> accounts. Any help would be appreciated.

PatNM

Re: update for win xp
Thanks for all the suggestions......but nothing has fixed the problem. Will
just live with it.
Pat

"PatNM" wrote:

> [Error number: 0x8DDD0002]
> To install updates from this website, you must be logged on as an
> administrator or a member of the Administrators group on your computer. If
> you use Windows XP, you can see if you are an administrator by going to User
> Accounts in Control Panel.
>
> Note: If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings
> might also prevent you using this website. Contact your system administrator
> for help with updates.
>

> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
> > Please post the exact (verbatim) error message(s) you receive. Also tell us
> > if you're referring to updating via Windows Update website or WinXP's
> > Automatic Updates function.
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > DTS-L http://dts-l.org/
> >
> > PatNM wrote:
> > > I have win xp 2 on dell desktop and can't get auto updates because it
> > > tells
> > > me I am not the administrator. BUT I AM!! certainly know how to set up
> > > accounts. Any help would be appreciated.

PA Bear

Re: update for win xp

Support for Windows Update:

Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from
Microsoft Product Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no-charge for
support calls that are associated with security updates. When you call,
clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the
update's KB number (e.g., KB931678).

In other countries, see
http://support.microsoft.com/default...r=securityhome > "No-Charge
Support...for virus and other security-related" issues in right-hand menu
for localized contact information.

For more information about how to contact Microsoft for support issues,
visit the International Support Web site:
https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
--
~PA Bear