Re: Vista Ultimate MUI install error code 2

will.lehman@gmail.com

Re: Vista Ultimate MUI install error code 2
On Oct 8, 4:11 am, "TaurArian [MS-MVP]"
<taurarianREMOVEC...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Only info I have - no solution. You want a solution then you have to contact MS.
> Error 1 and Error 2
> (Note - installing language packs can take up to several hours, depending on how many you
> have selected)
>
> Windows Vista Ultimate language pack release informationhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/925471
>
> To install language files
>
> 1. Restart the computer, Open Windows Update and in the left pane, click Check for
> updates
> 2. Select the language pack/s that you want to install, and then click Install.
>
> (Provide the Administrator password or confirmation if prompted to do so.)
>
> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> How to make a good post:http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> Defending your machine:http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspo....org/index.htm

> "JF" <J...@community.nospam> wrote in message

> |I am trying to install the chinese (simplified) language MUI and continue to
> | get error code 2. I have tried rebooting sveral times. I make sure no other
> | programs are running. My Windows Vista is activated. I am running the 32 bit
> | version of Vista ultimate.
> |
> | After the install is complete the message says install complete then it
> | tells me some items were not installed successfully and I get the error code
> | 2.
> |
> | The only MUI I have installed successfully is the Japanese one.
> |
> | I am using the Windows Update to install the MUIs. I cannot find them
> | anywhere else.
> |
> | It almost appears that microsoft is trying to dodge this one as I see no
> | support anywhere for this problem but I see a lot of people with this problem.
> |
> | Does anyone have a solution for this? A real solution not some microsoft
> | security phone number. This is not a security problem that I'm aware of.
> |
> | Thanks...

Good News Everyone!!!!
There is now a hotfix for this problem. (It took me 5 hours of phone
time with Microsoft and a week and a half to get it fixed, so I don't
want people trying a billion things when most likely the hotfix will
cure them). The hotfix is KB942903. Google it, maybe someone has it
downloadable. If you have the MGA stuff installed, you should be able
to find it on microsoft's site.
Best of luck!

TaurArian [MS-MVP]

<will.lehman@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1193355814.508384.126260@o3g2000hsb.googlegro ups.com...
| On Oct 8, 4:11 am, "TaurArian [MS-MVP]"
| <taurarianREMOVEC...@gmail.com> wrote:
| > Only info I have - no solution. You want a solution then you have to contact MS.
| > Error 1 and Error 2
| > (Note - installing language packs can take up to several hours, depending on how many
you
| > have selected)
| >
| > Windows Vista Ultimate language pack release
informationhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/925471

| > To install language files
| >
| > 1. Restart the computer, Open Windows Update and in the left pane, click Check for
| > updates
| > 2. Select the language pack/s that you want to install, and then click Install.
| >
| > (Provide the Administrator password or confirmation if prompted to do so.)
| >
| > --
| > ====================================
| > TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
| > ====================================
| > How to make a good post:http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
| > Defending your
machine:http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspo....org/index.htm

| > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
| >
| > "JF" <J...@community.nospam> wrote in message

| > |I am trying to install the chinese (simplified) language MUI and continue to
| > | get error code 2. I have tried rebooting sveral times. I make sure no other
| > | programs are running. My Windows Vista is activated. I am running the 32 bit
| > | version of Vista ultimate.
| > |
| > | After the install is complete the message says install complete then it
| > | tells me some items were not installed successfully and I get the error code
| > | 2.
| > |
| > | The only MUI I have installed successfully is the Japanese one.
| > |
| > | I am using the Windows Update to install the MUIs. I cannot find them
| > | anywhere else.
| > |
| > | It almost appears that microsoft is trying to dodge this one as I see no
| > | support anywhere for this problem but I see a lot of people with this problem.
| > |
| > | Does anyone have a solution for this? A real solution not some microsoft
| > | security phone number. This is not a security problem that I'm aware of.
| > |
| > | Thanks...
|
| Good News Everyone!!!!
| There is now a hotfix for this problem. (It took me 5 hours of phone
| time with Microsoft and a week and a half to get it fixed, so I don't
| want people trying a billion things when most likely the hotfix will
| cure them). The hotfix is KB942903. Google it, maybe someone has it
| downloadable. If you have the MGA stuff installed, you should be able
| to find it on microsoft's site.
| Best of luck!

Installation of Windows Vista language pack from Windows Update fails
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942903