RE: Could KB936181 update problems be caused by Kodak EasyShare so

atico3d

RE: Could KB936181 update problems be caused by Kodak EasyShare so
I also used jaybarts solution & it worked for me, Thanks
--
bmh25

"Serge" wrote:

> "Ron" wrote:
>
> > OS: Win XP SP2
> >
> > I've been experiencing the problem a lot of other people have with the
> > KB936181 update continually being downloaded/installed from Windows
> > Update. I finally uninstalled KB936181 along with a couple of other
> > Msxml updates, and reinstalled them from Windows Update. That worked
> > great, and I didn't have any problems for a few days.
> >
> > I had updated my EasyShare software the same day I installed the
> > KB936181 update. After I installed the KB936181 update, a couple of days
> > later I tried to transfer a video from my Kodak camera via the Easyshare
> > software, however the software crashed. Photographs will download from
> > the camera without problem. Since I hadn't tested the video function on
> > the camera after installing the EasyShare upgrade, I figured it must
> > have been a problem during from the last EasyShare program upgrade, so I
> > ran the Kodak reinstall utility again. But videos still won't download
> > from the camera, and I noticed that the 4.20.9848.0 version of
> > Msxml4.dll file in Windows/system32 has now been downgraded back to
> > 4.20.9818.0, and Lo' and behold, Windows Update is notifying me of the
> > KB936181 update again.
> >
> > Could EasyShare have something to do with the KB936181 issue? I have
> > noticed in the installer directory for this program there are some cab
> > files that contain some files that begin with the string Msxml4.dll*
> >
> > This issue is getting to be a pain in the neck...
> >

> Like you I was not offered KB936181 for a few days only. Out of desperation
> I applied jaybart’s solution. KB936181 was never reoffered again.
>
> I have the latest upgrade for Kodak Easy Share software and do not have any
> problem downloading videos from my Kodak camera.
>
> Version of Msxml4.dll file in Windows/System 32 was not downgraded and
> remained at 4.20.9848.0.
>
> If your problem is related to KB936181 here is jaybart’s solution.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Serge

> Update KB936181 fails to install - jaybart
> 17-Aug-07 01:20:05
>
> I've no idea what a Parser is or does, but after deleting this (in
> addition to all
> previous versions of msxml 4.0 --including 936181-- ) it seems I was
> finally able to download and install 936181 correctly using the auto
> update function- the annoying yellow shield is gone now, after having
> re-booted..and the microsoft update site tells me there are no
> outstanding patches needed.
>
> Anyways thats how it was resolved.

Ron

atico3d wrote:
>> If your problem is related to KB936181 here is jaybart's solution.

>> Update KB936181 fails to install - jaybart
>> 17-Aug-07 01:20:05
>> I've no idea what a Parser is or does, but after deleting this (in
>> addition to all
>> previous versions of msxml 4.0 --including 936181-- ) it seems I was
>> finally able to download and install 936181 correctly using the auto
>> update function- the annoying yellow shield is gone now, after having
>> re-booted..and the microsoft update site tells me there are no
>> outstanding patches needed.
>> Anyways thats how it was resolved.

Ok, so far so good, this time... My resolution this time, was achieved
by uninstalling MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181) and MSXML 6.0 Parser (MSXML)
6.0 SP 1 (KB934268) then rebooted.

Via Windows Update website, I first updated with KB936181, rebooted,
then updated with KB934268 and rebooted. My Kodak EasyShare camera
software is working fine, and it is downloading videos again without
problem. The file msxml4.dll is listed at v4.20.9848.0.

So...Everything seems to be stable at this time, but I'll wait a few
days before I say this issue is resolved. ;-)

I still suspect my issue with KB936181 was created by updating Kodak
Easyshare software to 6.4.0.100. On my system, KB936181 shows as being
first successfully installed on August 15, 2007, according to the
Windows Update site. I suspect, when I updated EasyShare, Windows Update
later scanned the installed version of msxml4.dll found it to be
v4.20.9818.0 and scheduled KB936181 for update again.

Casey

Re: Could KB936181 update problems be caused by Kodak EasyShare so
I, also have the Kodak Easy Share software installed on my computer. What if I
merely ignore the notices to download KB936181? Will the planet Earth
collide
with the planet Uranus? Will the Mongol Hordes invade my hometown of Grand
Prairie, Texas? Should I check into the Federal Witness Program, grow a beard
and learn Spanish? Who, in all sobriety/intelligence/sanity needs KB936181?
I lived the first 69 years of my life without this KB936181....how about
I live the
second 69 years without it?
Well....Pilgrim....answer this one.

"Casey" wrote:

> I, also have the Kodak Easy Share software installed on my computer. What if I
> merely ignore the notices to download KB936181? Will the planet Earth
> collide
> with the planet Uranus? Will the Mongol Hordes invade my hometown of Grand
> Prairie, Texas? Should I check into the Federal Witness Program, grow a beard
> and learn Spanish? Who, in all sobriety/intelligence/sanity needs KB936181?
> I lived the first 69 years of my life without this KB936181....how about
> I live the
> second 69 years without it?
> Well....Pilgrim....answer this one.

> > Ok, so far so good, this time... My resolution this time, was achieved
> > by uninstalling MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181) and MSXML 6.0 Parser (MSXML)
> > 6.0 SP 1 (KB934268) then rebooted.
> >
> > Via Windows Update website, I first updated with KB936181, rebooted,
> > then updated with KB934268 and rebooted. My Kodak EasyShare camera
> > software is working fine, and it is downloading videos again without
> > problem. The file msxml4.dll is listed at v4.20.9848.0.
> >
> > So...Everything seems to be stable at this time, but I'll wait a few
> > days before I say this issue is resolved. ;-)
> >
> > I still suspect my issue with KB936181 was created by updating Kodak
> > Easyshare software to 6.4.0.100. On my system, KB936181 shows as being
> > first successfully installed on August 15, 2007, according to the
> > Windows Update site. I suspect, when I updated EasyShare, Windows Update
> > later scanned the installed version of msxml4.dll found it to be
> > v4.20.9818.0 and scheduled KB936181 for update again.

You may disregard the update at your own peril. Jaybart's solution should
solve your problem.

Ron is right, there is a relation between Easy Share and KB936181. I was
also re-offered KB936181 not only when I did an Easy Share upgrade and but
also when I did a repair to the Easy Share software.

Serge

Each time I had to use Jaybart's solution.