Desktop Search 3.01 automatically deployed in WSUS???????

VeryUnhappyCustomer

Desktop Search 3.01 automatically deployed in WSUS???????
What is going on? What give MS the right to deploy a new version of the
Desktop Search software on our computers without giving us the option to
approve it? The Upgrade somehow got automatically approved for deployment in
our WSUS server. This isn't a minor change to an existing patch, this is a
major version upgrade! So far most of the PC's have installed it fine but
some installations have failed silently but a few have cause profile
corruption.

Microsoft, what gives? What gives you the right to update our computers
without our permission? What made you think that adding the ability to
override our setting in WSUS was a good idea?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Desktop Search 3.01 automatically deployed in WSUS???????
Please initiate a free Windows Update support incident request:
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...=6527&x=16&y=7

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"VeryUnhappyCustomer" <VeryUnhappyCustomer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
What is going on? What give MS the right to deploy a new version of the
Desktop Search software on our computers without giving us the option to
approve it? The Upgrade somehow got automatically approved for deployment in
our WSUS server. This isn't a minor change to an existing patch, this is a
major version upgrade! So far most of the PC's have installed it fine but
some installations have failed silently but a few have cause profile
corruption.

Microsoft, what gives? What gives you the right to update our computers
without our permission? What made you think that adding the ability to
override our setting in WSUS was a good idea?

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Desktop Search 3.01 automatically deployed in WSUS???????
WDS revision update, expanded applicability rules, auto-approve revisions
http://blogs.technet.com/wsus/archiv...revisions.aspx

Give the WSUS Team your feedback. They need it. <w>

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

VeryUnhappyCustomer wrote:

> What is going on? What give MS the right to deploy a new version of the
> Desktop Search software on our computers without giving us the option to
> approve it? The Upgrade somehow got automatically approved for deployment in
> our WSUS server. This isn't a minor change to an existing patch, this is a
> major version upgrade! So far most of the PC's have installed it fine but
> some installations have failed silently but a few have cause profile
> corruption.
>
> Microsoft, what gives? What gives you the right to update our computers
> without our permission? What made you think that adding the ability to
> override our setting in WSUS was a good idea?

HerbyDumpling

Re: Desktop Search 3.01 automatically deployed in WSUS???????
As a sysadmin I do not want Malicious Software Removal Tool (useless for all
well maintained computers and a waste CPU cycles), Desktop Search (it wants
to search MS preferred sites and not the Desktop), IE7 (a whole new learning
experince and the underlying bugs from IE6 have still not been fixed),
Hardware Updates (as most cause more trouble than fix existing troubles i.e
HP1320, AC97 etc), Defender ( a noddy product if ever there was one). And,
I do not like the constant nagging when MS Updates are switched off. I know
what I am doing or I would not have switched them off. If you must remind me
then do it say once a month. Certainly not every time I have to restart a
computer.
If you want to fix something then fix the very broken WGA. Valid licences
are reported a invalid. Once the WGA screen has set itself to appear pre
logon there is no getting rid of it after a valid and over priced Licence has
been purchased.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Please initiate a free Windows Update support incident request:
> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...=6527&x=16&y=7
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

> "VeryUnhappyCustomer" <VeryUnhappyCustomer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is going on? What give MS the right to deploy a new version of the
> Desktop Search software on our computers without giving us the option to
> approve it? The Upgrade somehow got automatically approved for deployment in
> our WSUS server. This isn't a minor change to an existing patch, this is a
> major version upgrade! So far most of the PC's have installed it fine but
> some installations have failed silently but a few have cause profile
> corruption.
>
> Microsoft, what gives? What gives you the right to update our computers
> without our permission? What made you think that adding the ability to
> override our setting in WSUS was a good idea?

Dale

Re: Desktop Search 3.01 automatically deployed in WSUS???????
Well then, there's just no need for this newsgroup, is there?
--
Dale Preston
MCAD C#