Re: pop-ups how irritating

sidepocketbilliards

Re: pop-ups how irritating
Please can someone help me get rid of pop-up once and for all? I went to
tools in internet explorer and turned the pop-up filter up to its highest
level but I get just as many pop-ups. Is there a way I can alert my computer
to not allow certain pop-ups or any of them?

"Feliks Dzerzhinsky" wrote:

> [...]

> Home page (for information about backing up your home page tabs, see
> Back up your home page or home page tabs) Back up your home page or home
> page tabs
> Search providers, tabbed browsing settings
> Colors, languages, fonts and accessibility settings (General tab)
> Security settings for all zones (Security tab)
> Advanced tab settings
> Privacy tab settings
> Pop-up blocker, AutoComplete, Phishing Filter, and Zoom settings
> Page setup, toolbar, and text size settings
> Feeds settings (sync and notification, not feeds themselves)
> ActiveX controls that are not on the pre-approved list (reset to opt-in
> state)
> Toolbars, browser helper objects, and browser extensions are disabled
>
> Settings and items that are maintained
> Favorites
> Feeds
> Content Advisor settings
> Pre-approved ActiveX controls
> Temporary Internet file (cache) path settings
> Certificate information
> Internet Programs (e‑mail, instant messenger, and other programs
> associated with Internet use)
> Internet connection, proxy, and VPN settings
> Default web browser setting
>

> Steps to reset Internet Explorer settings
>
> Close all Internet Explorer windows.
> Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
> Double-click Network and Internet and then click Internet Options.
> Click the Advanced tab.
> Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset.
> Restart Internet Explorer.
> Disable all add-ons (one at a time) until you can no longer reproduce
> the problem
>
> Close all Internet Explorer windows.
> Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
> Click Network and Internet, and then click Internet Options.
> Click the Programs tab, and then click Manage add-ons.
> Click the name of the add-on you want to turn off, and then, under
> Settings, click Disable.
> Click OK.
> Restart Internet Explorer. Continue using Internet Explorer the same way
> you did when you received a crash report. If Internet Explorer continues
> to crash after disabling this add-on, continue with step h.
> Repeat steps b through g for each add-on listed. When you can no longer
> reproduce the problem, the most recently disabled add-on is the cause of
> the problem. Please report this add-on to us by using the survey at the
> bottom of this page to help us improve our error responses.
> If these troubleshooting steps do not solve the problem and you continue
> to receive problem reports, please consider filling out the survey at
> the top right of this page. To help us continue to investigate this
> error, include the names of the add-ons that are currently enabled in
> Internet Explorer in the comments area of the survey.
>

> Rate this response:
> Provide Feedback "
>

> Naturally, you can imagine the feedback I provided.

Peter Lawton

Re: pop-ups how irritating
I use AdBlock Pro www.adblockpro.com

Works MUCH better than the built in MS one, it's not free but there's a free
trial

Peter Lawton

"sidepocketbilliards" <sidepocketbilliards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:56D14FA6-2AEA-4A4A-992E-E8ECE4614D5F@microsoft.com...
> [...]

>> you did when you received a crash report. If Internet Explorer continues
>> to crash after disabling this add-on, continue with step h.
>> Repeat steps b through g for each add-on listed. When you can no longer
>> reproduce the problem, the most recently disabled add-on is the cause of
>> the problem. Please report this add-on to us by using the survey at the
>> bottom of this page to help us improve our error responses.
>> If these troubleshooting steps do not solve the problem and you continue
>> to receive problem reports, please consider filling out the survey at
>> the top right of this page. To help us continue to investigate this
>> error, include the names of the add-ons that are currently enabled in
>> Internet Explorer in the comments area of the survey.
>>

>> Rate this response:
>> Provide Feedback "
>>

>> Naturally, you can imagine the feedback I provided.

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: pop-ups how irritating
"sidepocketbilliards" <sidepocketbilliards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:56D14FA6-2AEA-4A4A-992E-E8ECE4614D5F@microsoft.com...
> Please can someone help me get rid of pop-up once and for all? I went to
> tools in internet explorer and turned the pop-up filter up to its highest
> level but I get just as many pop-ups. Is there a way I can alert my
> computer
> to not allow certain pop-ups or any of them?

Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
of.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com