Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

kb936181

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-25-2007
Brian Govednik
 

Posts: n/a
kb936181
turn off auto update. uninstall kb936181 from add and remove programs. go to microsoft downloads.
manually download kb936181. install. should take care of problem. any update that has that problem can usually be manually downloaded

EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-25-2007
fairyreveries
 

Posts: n/a
RE: kb936181
Thank-you for your help but that did not work. I turned off auto update. and
when I went to uninstall KB936181 it was not there. So I assumed that I was
good to go in manually installing it. I did so and got the following message:
"Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file
location exists and is writeable." What does that mean and what else can I do
to fix this? Also, the updates also tell me to update Office XP Service Pack
3. When I did that it was almost done and then it said that the file I needed
was on a disk to insert it...this apparently happened when I tried following
someone elses suggestions. Please help! Thanks!

"Brian Govednik" wrote:

> turn off auto update. uninstall kb936181 from add and remove programs. go to microsoft downloads.
> manually download kb936181. install. should take care of problem. any update that has that problem can usually be manually downloaded
>
> EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2008
CJB
 

Posts: n/a
RE: kb936181
I have this very same problem.

I have uninstalled the "KB936181 Update" and the "MSMXL 4.0 SP2", then I
downloaded both files and tried to install them manually. the MSMXL 4.0 SP@
installs without any problem, but when I try to manually install the KB936181
Update, I get the massage I too get the error message: "Error opening
installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and
is writable."

"fairyreveries" wrote:

> Thank-you for your help but that did not work. I turned off auto update. and
> when I went to uninstall KB936181 it was not there. So I assumed that I was
> good to go in manually installing it. I did so and got the following message:
> "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file
> location exists and is writeable." What does that mean and what else can I do
> to fix this? Also, the updates also tell me to update Office XP Service Pack
> 3. When I did that it was almost done and then it said that the file I needed
> was on a disk to insert it...this apparently happened when I tried following
> someone elses suggestions. Please help! Thanks!
>
> "Brian Govednik" wrote:
>
> > turn off auto update. uninstall kb936181 from add and remove programs. go to microsoft downloads.
> > manually download kb936181. install. should take care of problem. any update that has that problem can usually be manually downloaded
> >
> > EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
> > http://www.eggheadcafe.com
> >

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2008
Dr. George
 

Posts: n/a
RE: kb936181
I had the same problem, too! It installed nine times and wouldn't manually
install. So I am hiding it in the updates list. On occasion, I had an
update that wouldn't download properly and hid it. When I returned months
later, the update downloaded properly. I suppose it had the opportunity to
properly mature, like a fine cheese. lol

"CJB" wrote:

> I have this very same problem.
>
> I have uninstalled the "KB936181 Update" and the "MSMXL 4.0 SP2", then I
> downloaded both files and tried to install them manually. the MSMXL 4.0 SP@
> installs without any problem, but when I try to manually install the KB936181
> Update, I get the massage I too get the error message: "Error opening
> installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and
> is writable."
>
> "fairyreveries" wrote:
>
> > Thank-you for your help but that did not work. I turned off auto update. and
> > when I went to uninstall KB936181 it was not there. So I assumed that I was
> > good to go in manually installing it. I did so and got the following message:
> > "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file
> > location exists and is writeable." What does that mean and what else can I do
> > to fix this? Also, the updates also tell me to update Office XP Service Pack
> > 3. When I did that it was almost done and then it said that the file I needed
> > was on a disk to insert it...this apparently happened when I tried following
> > someone elses suggestions. Please help! Thanks!
> >
> > "Brian Govednik" wrote:
> >
> > > turn off auto update. uninstall kb936181 from add and remove programs. go to microsoft downloads.
> > > manually download kb936181. install. should take care of problem. any update that has that problem can usually be manually downloaded
> > >
> > > EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
> > > http://www.eggheadcafe.com
> > >

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2008
Diana
 

Posts: n/a
Re: kb936181
Have you looked at the article below:

941729 Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
(KB936181) may repeatedly appear in the update list on Microsoft Update or
on Windows Update
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;941729

Diana

"Dr. George" <DrGeorge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:20362964-9E9C-4B74-9070-7CA218C144D8@microsoft.com...
>I had the same problem, too! It installed nine times and wouldn't manually
> install. So I am hiding it in the updates list. On occasion, I had an
> update that wouldn't download properly and hid it. When I returned months
> later, the update downloaded properly. I suppose it had the opportunity
> to
> properly mature, like a fine cheese. lol
>
> "CJB" wrote:
>
>> I have this very same problem.
>>
>> I have uninstalled the "KB936181 Update" and the "MSMXL 4.0 SP2", then I
>> downloaded both files and tried to install them manually. the MSMXL 4.0
>> SP@
>> installs without any problem, but when I try to manually install the
>> KB936181
>> Update, I get the massage I too get the error message: "Error opening
>> installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists
>> and
>> is writable."
>>
>> "fairyreveries" wrote:
>>
>> > Thank-you for your help but that did not work. I turned off auto
>> > update. and
>> > when I went to uninstall KB936181 it was not there. So I assumed that I
>> > was
>> > good to go in manually installing it. I did so and got the following
>> > message:
>> > "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log
>> > file
>> > location exists and is writeable." What does that mean and what else
>> > can I do
>> > to fix this? Also, the updates also tell me to update Office XP Service
>> > Pack
>> > 3. When I did that it was almost done and then it said that the file I
>> > needed
>> > was on a disk to insert it...this apparently happened when I tried
>> > following
>> > someone elses suggestions. Please help! Thanks!
>> >
>> > "Brian Govednik" wrote:
>> >
>> > > turn off auto update. uninstall kb936181 from add and remove
>> > > programs. go to microsoft downloads.
>> > > manually download kb936181. install. should take care of problem.
>> > > any update that has that problem can usually be manually downloaded
>> > >
>> > > EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
>> > > http://www.eggheadcafe.com
>> > >


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mise à jour de sécurité KB936181 laurent microsoft.public.fr.windows.vista.securite 2 05-23-2008 13:33
Windows Update KB936181 will not install mdkw microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 01-29-2008 00:41
KB936181 omar microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 11-17-2007 23:11
KB936181 keeps coming up as ready to install Mikeb microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 1 10-24-2007 11:58
Mise à jour KB936181 José Couquelet microsoft.public.fr.windows.vista.general 10 08-28-2007 09:23




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:49.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120