How to CreateNamedPipe with FILE_CREATE_PIPE_INSTANCE access rights

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

kalpesh

How to CreateNamedPipe with FILE_CREATE_PIPE_INSTANCE access rights
i want to create a named pipe with FILE_CREATE_PIPE_INSTANCE access
rights.
for that i have to create one security discriptor but i dont which
type of secirity discriptor i use to cerate namaed pipe with
FILE_CREATE_PIPE_INSTANCE rights.

while creating security discriptor i dont want to use
ConvertStringSecurityDescriptorToSecurityDescripto r funciton because
i am going to build this code in DDK and DDK not support this
function.

so give me suggestion about security discriptor for
FILE_CREATE_PIPE_INSTANCE access rights..

Thanks in advance..
Kalpesh

Jane C

Re: How to CreateNamedPipe with FILE_CREATE_PIPE_INSTANCE access rights

If that doesn't point you in the right direction, you might have more
success asking at the MSDN forums:

http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/default.aspx?siteid=1

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP Windows Shell/User

"kalpesh" <kalpeshgedia@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1183547810.377506.166950@o11g2000prd.googlegr oups.com...
>i want to create a named pipe with FILE_CREATE_PIPE_INSTANCE access
> rights.
> for that i have to create one security discriptor but i dont which
> type of secirity discriptor i use to cerate namaed pipe with
> FILE_CREATE_PIPE_INSTANCE rights.
>
> while creating security discriptor i dont want to use
> ConvertStringSecurityDescriptorToSecurityDescripto r funciton because
> i am going to build this code in DDK and DDK not support this
> function.
>
> so give me suggestion about security discriptor for
> FILE_CREATE_PIPE_INSTANCE access rights..
>
> Thanks in advance..
> Kalpesh

kalpesh

On Jul 4, 4:47 pm, "Jane C" <janecol...@invalid.iinet.net.au> wrote:

> If that doesn't point you in the right direction, you might have more
> success asking at the MSDN forums:
>
> http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/default.aspx?siteid=1
>
> --
> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
> MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> "kalpesh" <kalpeshge...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1183547810.377506.166950@o11g2000prd.googlegr oups.com...
>

> >i want to create a named pipe with FILE_CREATE_PIPE_INSTANCE access
> > rights.
> > for that i have to create one security discriptor but i dont which
> > type of secirity discriptor i use to cerate namaed pipe with
> > FILE_CREATE_PIPE_INSTANCE rights.

> > while creating security discriptor i dont want to use
> > ConvertStringSecurityDescriptorToSecurityDescripto r funciton because
> > i am going to build this code in DDK and DDK not support this
> > function.

> > so give me suggestion about security discriptor for
> > FILE_CREATE_PIPE_INSTANCE access rights..

> > Thanks in advance..
> > Kalpesh- Hide quoted text -

The link provide by you is not so much helpful to me give me more
help ....

Alun Jones

news:1183612035.307722.118220@i38g2000prf.googlegr oups.com...
> The link provide by you is not so much helpful to me give me more
> help ....

First you call CreateNamedPipe, to create the pipe.

Then you call SetSecurityInfo to change the Security Descriptor on the pipe.

Then your only issue is how to create the DACL for the Security Descriptor -
you almost certainly want to call GetSecurityInfo, to find out what the
existing DACL is, and modify it, rather than create one from scratch.

The SetEntriesInAcl function can then be used to create a new ACL with extra
access entries on top of what was originally in the DACL - example code is
at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa379283.aspx

Alun.
~~~~