How can I give a service administrator privileges in Vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

no_spam_paquette@uwo.ca

How can I give a service administrator privileges in Vista
Whenever I try to write from Vista to a folder on the XP partition I
get an access-denied error. Now I wouldn't have been surprised
atproblems writing from XP to folders on the Vista system partition
(although I haven't tried that yet and I have no problem accessing
Vista folders (not junction points) by network shares from other
machines running XP).

I've discovered that for an application to write from Vista to any of
the folders on the XP partition it must be logged on as Administrator
in Vista. If I start any application explicitly as administrator in
Vista, it can then write to folders there. My problem is I want to
give MirrorFolder service administrator privilege so it can mirror to
folders on the XP partition So how can I give MirrorFolder blanket
Administrator privilege in Vista???

I tried resetting MirrorFolder service log on as Administrator but no
luck.

no_spam_paquette@uwo.ca

Re: How can I give a service administrator privileges in Vista
Okay--I've got it. I set the MirrorFolder application to always run
at elevated UAC and it now has no problem writing to folders on the XP
partition!

See: