Cannot rename Lotus Folder!

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

MrBill

Cannot rename Lotus Folder!
I still use Lotus WordPro and Organizer, so I installed it to my new
Vista PC, then planned to simply replace the new Lotus folder with the
old one to use all my old files and settings. This way of moving
programs from the old to the new PC has worked fine, up until now - I
cannot rename the new folder in my Vista PC, which is the first step
to bringing in the old folder. Additionally, I cannot delete the
"Lotus SmartSuite" folder that has been put in my Programs folder.

I've turned off UAC and played with security settings until I'm blue
in the face with no luck. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Bill
Kerry Brown

Re: Cannot rename Lotus Folder!
"MrBill" <NoSpam@NoSpam.Com> wrote in message
>I still use Lotus WordPro and Organizer, so I installed it to my new
> Vista PC, then planned to simply replace the new Lotus folder with the
> old one to use all my old files and settings. This way of moving
> programs from the old to the new PC has worked fine, up until now - I
> cannot rename the new folder in my Vista PC, which is the first step
> to bringing in the old folder. Additionally, I cannot delete the
> "Lotus SmartSuite" folder that has been put in my Programs folder.
>
> I've turned off UAC and played with security settings until I'm blue
> in the face with no luck. Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks, Bill

Turn UAC back on so it can prompt you. Use Windows Explorer to Take
ownership, then change the permissions so you have Full Control. With UAC
off Explorer can't ask for permission so this fails. With UAC off you have
to use the ICACLS command line program in a command prompt to accomplish
this.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

MrBill

Re: Cannot rename Lotus Folder!
I turned UAC back on, rebooted, problem solved! Thanks Kerry . . .

- Bill