Alps driver install

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

lffuller

Alps driver install
Hi
I was wondering if anybody could help. I have Vista Ultimate installed onto
a Sony Vaio laptop. Once I'd done this I lost some functionality of the
mouse. I therefore installed Alps Pointing Device Software Version 7. It
works great apart from the fact that I keep getting security alert messages
under start-up for 'apoint.exe', 'apmsgfwd.exe' and 'apntex.exe'. Even if I
allow these through the firewall under each start-up and even tick the box to
'not be reminded of this threat again' - I still get the security alerts.
I presume these exe's are fine and part of the driver software. How do I
stop the security alerts coming up? Any help would be great.
dean-dean

Re: Alps driver install
What is the model name for your Sony Vaio laptop (e.g., VGN-A690)?

"lffuller" <lffuller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I was wondering if anybody could help. I have Vista Ultimate installed
> onto
> a Sony Vaio laptop. Once I'd done this I lost some functionality of the
> mouse. I therefore installed Alps Pointing Device Software Version 7. It
> works great apart from the fact that I keep getting security alert
> messages
> under start-up for 'apoint.exe', 'apmsgfwd.exe' and 'apntex.exe'. Even if
> allow these through the firewall under each start-up and even tick the box
> 'not be reminded of this threat again' - I still get the security alerts.
> I presume these exe's are fine and part of the driver software. How do I
> stop the security alerts coming up? Any help would be great.

lffuller

Re: Alps driver install
Hi

It's a PCG-Z1RSP. I hope that helps.
Regards
Simon

"dean-dean" wrote:

> What is the model name for your Sony Vaio laptop (e.g., VGN-A690)?
>
> "lffuller" <lffuller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > I was wondering if anybody could help. I have Vista Ultimate installed
> > onto
> > a Sony Vaio laptop. Once I'd done this I lost some functionality of the
> > mouse. I therefore installed Alps Pointing Device Software Version 7. It
> > works great apart from the fact that I keep getting security alert
> > messages
> > under start-up for 'apoint.exe', 'apmsgfwd.exe' and 'apntex.exe'. Even if
> > allow these through the firewall under each start-up and even tick the box
> > 'not be reminded of this threat again' - I still get the security alerts.
> > I presume these exe's are fine and part of the driver software. How do I
> > stop the security alerts coming up? Any help would be great.

Carlos

Re: Alps driver install

Hi

My VAIO is a VGN-FE21M. It came with XP Media Center on it and I
recently upgraded to Vista, via clean install, so I had the same
problem with Alps. I solved this uninstalling the driver, and
reinstalling it. The point is to run the installer application as
Administrator. You can do this right-clicking on the installer, and
then choosing "run as administrator" (password may be needed).

I hope this helps you.

OMG, my english is really awful, isn't it?

Greetings from Spain!

--
Carlos
Carlos's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=27528

http://forums.techarena.in

berander

Re: Alps driver install

I'm probably just plain stupid - when I try uninstalling the driver the
uninstaller prompts me to replace the Alps driver w. some other
mousedriver before letting me uninstall...

How did you do this?

Else I think installing as Admin is the right way.

Hope you haven't forgotten about this thread

Hoping for help // Johan, Sweden

--
berander
berander's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/berander.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Paul Montgumdrop

Re: Alps driver install
berander wrote:
> I'm probably just plain stupid - when I try uninstalling the driver the
> uninstaller prompts me to replace the Alps driver w. some other
> mousedriver before letting me uninstall...
>
> How did you do this?
>
> Else I think installing as Admin is the right way.
>
> Hope you haven't forgotten about this thread
>
> Hoping for help // Johan, Sweden

Since this whole thread has expired off the MSNews NG server and I
cannot see the OP, what are you talking in relation to other posts that
cannot be read anymore?
berander

Re: Alps driver install

Hi Paul!

This is what's been going on from start:

******************************

"dean-dean" wrote:

> What is the model name for your Sony Vaio laptop (e.g., VGN-A690)?
>
> "lffuller" <lffuller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > I was wondering if anybody could help. I have Vista Ultimate

installed
> > onto
> > a Sony Vaio laptop. Once I'd done this I lost some functionality of

the
> > mouse. I therefore installed Alps Pointing Device Software Version

7. It
> > works great apart from the fact that I keep getting security alert
> > messages
> > under start-up for 'apoint.exe', 'apmsgfwd.exe' and 'apntex.exe'.

Even if
> > allow these through the firewall under each start-up and even tick

the box
> > 'not be reminded of this threat again' - I still get the security

alerts.
> > I presume these exe's are fine and part of the driver software. How

do I
> > stop the security alerts coming up? Any help would be great.

One writer suggested driverinstallation as admin, and that's probably
the roght way to go, but as I tried uninstalling I get prompted to
install another mousedriver before the Alpsdriver let's me carry away,
wich to me is quite idiotic...

Thanks for your time!

//Johan