UAC settings for individual programs?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Vigilante

UAC settings for individual programs?
Is there a way to adjust the way the UAC performs with regard to the screen shutting off and on?
This annoys me and has to be hard on my LCD's lifespan.
It's literally driving me nuts.
I would like to believe if it isn't available in a dialog I could still turn it off in the registry?

Also, I have a few programs I use on a regular basis, can I get these specific programs not to prompt me into oblivion every time I run them?
P. Di Stolfo

Re: UAC settings for individual programs?
Hello,

this will make the screen stop becoming darker:
Regedit ->
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\System
-> set PromptOnSecureDesktop to 1.
For the programs issue, I don't know an answer yet.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo

"Vigilante" <kewlvigilante@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Is there a way to adjust the way the UAC performs with regard to the screen
shutting off and on?
This annoys me and has to be hard on my LCD's lifespan.
It's literally driving me nuts.
I would like to believe if it isn't available in a dialog I could still turn
it off in the registry?

Also, I have a few programs I use on a regular basis, can I get these
specific programs not to prompt me into oblivion every time I run them?

Vigilante

Re: UAC settings for individual programs?
Thanks I found disabling part of the UAC the only real solution.

Set to elevate without prompting.
I just wanted it program specific, not global though........

"P. Di Stolfo" <paolodistolfo@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:C12F5412-21FA-4A0E-929E-393E5E8F62D7@microsoft.com...
[...]

Rock

Re: UAC settings for individual programs?
"Vigilante" wrote
Is there a way to adjust the way the UAC performs with regard to the screen
shutting off and on?
This annoys me and has to be hard on my LCD's lifespan.
It's literally driving me nuts.
I would like to believe if it isn't available in a dialog I could still turn
it off in the registry?

Also, I have a few programs I use on a regular basis, can I get these
specific programs not to prompt me into oblivion every time I run them?

You can disable secure desktop but I wouldn't recommend it.

There is no way to turn off UAC on an individual program basis.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Spirit

Re: UAC settings for individual programs?
Check these and get the TweakUAC and you can leave it on in Silent Mode.

http://www.tweak-uac.com/what-is-uac/

http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../aa906022.aspx

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...9f44e1033.mspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../aa905108.aspx

"Rock" <Rock@nospam.net> wrote in message
> "Vigilante" wrote
> Is there a way to adjust the way the UAC performs with regard to the
> screen shutting off and on?
> This annoys me and has to be hard on my LCD's lifespan.
> It's literally driving me nuts.
> I would like to believe if it isn't available in a dialog I could still
> turn it off in the registry?
>
> Also, I have a few programs I use on a regular basis, can I get these
> specific programs not to prompt me into oblivion every time I run them?

> You can disable secure desktop but I wouldn't recommend it.
>
> There is no way to turn off UAC on an individual program basis.
>
> --
> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Rock

Re: UAC settings for individual programs?

You're replying to the wrong person. I'm not the OP.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

"Spirit" <unknown@lost.info> wrote