unhandled IOException

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Hegde G G

unhandled IOException
Hi,
I have a small test appllication that connects to network share and
get the file and folders and display it in a treeview.

This application works fine on Windows XP, when I run it on Vista I get
the error This application has stopped working.

If run from VS2005 in debug mode it would give "IOException was
unhandled" "An Unexpected Network error occured" which I am not able to
figure out which location it is throwing.

New to VS2005 and .Net could anybody help me out.

thanks in advance,
gg
Chris

Re: unhandled IOException
I guess your using System..IO.DirectoryInfo. I would first interrogate the
exception thrown to my catch statement and I would also enable as much
logging as possible and see if the windows event log has anything of value
to say.
I have not had any problem reading folder contends in Vista so it may have
something to do with the user account VS is running under..If you are
binding to the treeveiw maybe you could try it first just storing to a
FileInfo[] collection to see if the problem occurs when binding.

Good luck,

Chris

"Hegde G G" <hegdegg@novell.com> wrote in message
newsan.2007.06.23.11.57.47.785839@novell.com...
> Hi,
> I have a small test appllication that connects to network share and
> get the file and folders and display it in a treeview.
>
> This application works fine on Windows XP, when I run it on Vista I get
> the error This application has stopped working.
>
> If run from VS2005 in debug mode it would give "IOException was
> unhandled" "An Unexpected Network error occured" which I am not able to
> figure out which location it is throwing.
>
> New to VS2005 and .Net could anybody help me out.
>
> thanks in advance,
> gg

Mr. Arnold

Re: unhandled IOException

"Hegde G G" <hegdegg@novell.com> wrote in message
newsan.2007.06.23.11.57.47.785839@novell.com...
> Hi,
> I have a small test appllication that connects to network share and
> get the file and folders and display it in a treeview.
>
> This application works fine on Windows XP, when I run it on Vista I get
> the error This application has stopped working.
>
> If run from VS2005 in debug mode it would give "IOException was
> unhandled" "An Unexpected Network error occured" which I am not able to
> figure out which location it is throwing.
>
> New to VS2005 and .Net could anybody help me out.

You should post to a MS.Public.dotnet NG based on the language and type of
application you're using WEB or Windows.

I'll assume you are using a try/catch around the code, and you have put a
break point on the Catch and looked at the properties of the Exception for
more information.

Most likely, you have a permissions issue on Vista that you don't have with
XP running this program.