Code 8004888d can't sign in Msnger or install beta 8.5 code 0x8009

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Impact9

Code 8004888d can't sign in Msnger or install beta 8.5 code 0x8009
I'm getting the Error Code 8004888d a lot with Windows Vista 64 ultimate.
Right now windows messenger Live is giving me this error when i try to sign
in. Messenger is very slow to accept keyboard inputs when entering my email
address. But it takes my password just fine. Then when i click to sign in I
get the message:

Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the services is
temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Error Code 8004888d

I tried several thing suggested by Messenger support, uninstalling, clearing
cache and old files, removing registry entries, starting and stopping
cryptographic services, deleting EDB. log file, deleted the cat2 folder. But
nothing has helped.

Something I have noticed though is that they wanted me to re-register
several .dll files. 4 of the files I do not have on my system. Those are:

gpkcsp.dll
initpki.dll
sccbase.dll
slbcsp.dll

None of those files where found on my system. Are they even suppose to be
on a Vista 64 system?

I also tried installing the messenger 8.5 beta. I get a code 0x8009200d
which is described as: Not a cryptographic message or the cryptographic
message is not formatted correctly.

From what I have researched these codes are related. Any help beyond
http://www.msghelp.net/showthread.php?tid=66242 and
http://msn-errors.blogspot.com/2006/...messenger.html
as neither has helped would be greatly appreciated.

P. Di Stolfo

Re: Code 8004888d can't sign in Msnger or install beta 8.5 code 0x8009
Hello,
you could ask your question in the microsoft.public.windows.live.messenger
newsgroup, they are specialized for Messenger issues.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
> you could ask your question in the microsoft.public.windows.live.messenger
> newsgroup, they are specialized for Messenger issues.
>
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
>
> "Impact9" <Impact9@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > I'm getting the Error Code 8004888d a lot with Windows Vista 64 ultimate.
> > Right now windows messenger Live is giving me this error when i try to
> > sign
> > in. Messenger is very slow to accept keyboard inputs when entering my
> > email
> > address. But it takes my password just fine. Then when i click to sign in
> > get the message:
> >
> > Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the services is
> > temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
> >
> > Error Code 8004888d
> >
> > I tried several thing suggested by Messenger support, uninstalling,
> > clearing
> > cache and old files, removing registry entries, starting and stopping
> > cryptographic services, deleting EDB. log file, deleted the cat2 folder.
> > But
> > nothing has helped.
> >
> > Something I have noticed though is that they wanted me to re-register
> > several .dll files. 4 of the files I do not have on my system. Those are:
> >
> > gpkcsp.dll
> > initpki.dll
> > sccbase.dll
> > slbcsp.dll
> >
> > None of those files where found on my system. Are they even suppose to be
> > on a Vista 64 system?
> >
> > I also tried installing the messenger 8.5 beta. I get a code 0x8009200d
> > which is described as: Not a cryptographic message or the cryptographic
> > message is not formatted correctly.
> >
> > From what I have researched these codes are related. Any help beyond
> > http://www.msghelp.net/showthread.php?tid=66242 and
> > http://msn-errors.blogspot.com/2006/...messenger.html
> > as neither has helped would be greatly appreciated.

Reason I am asking here is because of those 4 files and their relation to
cryptographic operations in Vista. Sorry I should have made that clearer in
my initial post.