Windows Live OneCare - how good it is?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Jdr

Windows Live OneCare - how good it is?
Just two hours ago I have noticed that, out of blue, two other "fellows" are
shown on my Network (and using my network probably).
One of them is http://www.aelitis.com and other one - just name "James" -
I cannot delete them nor get rid of them in any other way.

I'm running Vista Ult. at home using Windows OneCare as my AV and Internet
Security defender.
I wonder had any one this sort of experience apart from myself? I'm open to
sugestions and any advise.

TIA

Jdr

UnswoleLilDude

Re: Windows Live OneCare - how good it is?
This is a wireless network right?

--

MAXIMUMpcguides.com
Helping you get the MOST out of your Vista PC.

--

"Jdr" <jdr@world.com> wrote in message
> Just two hours ago I have noticed that, out of blue, two other "fellows"
> are shown on my Network (and using my network probably).
> One of them is http://www.aelitis.com and other one - just name
> "James" - I cannot delete them nor get rid of them in any other way.
>
> I'm running Vista Ult. at home using Windows OneCare as my AV and
> Internet Security defender.
> I wonder had any one this sort of experience apart from myself? I'm open
> to sugestions and any advise.
>
> TIA
>
> Jdr

news.ntlworld.com

Re: Windows Live OneCare - how good it is?
Yes it is.

"UnswoleLilDude" <webmaster@maximumpcguides.com> wrote in message
> This is a wireless network right?
>
> --
>
> MAXIMUMpcguides.com
> Helping you get the MOST out of your Vista PC.
>
> --
>
> "Jdr" <jdr@world.com> wrote in message
>> Just two hours ago I have noticed that, out of blue, two other "fellows"
>> are shown on my Network (and using my network probably).
>> One of them is http://www.aelitis.com and other one - just name
>> "James" - I cannot delete them nor get rid of them in any other way.
>>
>> I'm running Vista Ult. at home using Windows OneCare as my AV and
>> Internet Security defender.
>> I wonder had any one this sort of experience apart from myself? I'm open
>> to sugestions and any advise.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Jdr

Jdr

Re: Windows Live OneCare - how good it is?
Yes it is.

"UnswoleLilDude" <webmaster@maximumpcguides.com> wrote in message
> This is a wireless network right?
>
> --
>
> MAXIMUMpcguides.com
> Helping you get the MOST out of your Vista PC.
>
> --
>
> "Jdr" <jdr@world.com> wrote in message
>> Just two hours ago I have noticed that, out of blue, two other "fellows"
>> are shown on my Network (and using my network probably).
>> One of them is http://www.aelitis.com and other one - just name
>> "James" - I cannot delete them nor get rid of them in any other way.
>>
>> I'm running Vista Ult. at home using Windows OneCare as my AV and
>> Internet Security defender.
>> I wonder had any one this sort of experience apart from myself? I'm open
>> to sugestions and any advise.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Jdr

Michael Price

Re: Windows Live OneCare - how good it is?
You need to set up the security on your wireless router so others can't
access it. Consult the manual that came with your device.

> Yes it is.
>
> "UnswoleLilDude" <webmaster@maximumpcguides.com> wrote in message
>> This is a wireless network right?
>>
>> --
>>
>> MAXIMUMpcguides.com
>> Helping you get the MOST out of your Vista PC.
>>
>> --
>>
>> "Jdr" <jdr@world.com> wrote in message
>>> Just two hours ago I have noticed that, out of blue, two other "fellows"
>>> are shown on my Network (and using my network probably).
>>> One of them is http://www.aelitis.com and other one - just name
>>> "James" - I cannot delete them nor get rid of them in any other way.
>>>
>>> I'm running Vista Ult. at home using Windows OneCare as my AV and
>>> Internet Security defender.
>>> I wonder had any one this sort of experience apart from myself? I'm
>>> open to sugestions and any advise.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Jdr

Jdr

Re: Windows Live OneCare - how good it is?
Thank you Michael, I'm just trying it to do, but it's not so simple.

"Michael Price" <EmJay_Price@msn.com> wrote in message
> You need to set up the security on your wireless router so others can't
> access it. Consult the manual that came with your device.
>

> "Jdr" <-@world.com> wrote in message
>> Yes it is.
>>
>> "UnswoleLilDude" <webmaster@maximumpcguides.com> wrote in message
>>> This is a wireless network right?
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> MAXIMUMpcguides.com
>>> Helping you get the MOST out of your Vista PC.

UnswoleLilDude

Re: Windows Live OneCare - how good it is?
This link will help you secure your wireless network.
http://www.maximumpcguides.com/secur...eless-network/

--

MAXIMUMpcguides.com
Helping you get the MOST out of your Vista PC.

--

"Michael Price" <EmJay_Price@msn.com> wrote in message
> You need to set up the security on your wireless router so others can't
> access it. Consult the manual that came with your device.
>

> "Jdr" <-@world.com> wrote in message
>> Yes it is.
>>
>> "UnswoleLilDude" <webmaster@maximumpcguides.com> wrote in message
>>> This is a wireless network right?
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> MAXIMUMpcguides.com
>>> Helping you get the MOST out of your Vista PC.

Jdr

Re: Windows Live OneCare - how good it is?
THANKS !