security panell is lyeing

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

kevin k

security panell is lyeing
When i click on th escurity panell it tells me that i have Windows Defender
turned off and that i have not got any anti-virus installed.
I know that defender is working and i have got McAfree anti-virus soft ware
installed and running.
Is there any quick fixes to resolve this problem.
Please take into account when replying to this question that i am not that
computer minded so any fixes would have to be simple to follow thanks.
--
kevin k
Spirit

Re: security panell is lyeing
Run Window Defender and check what it says

"kevin k" <kevink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When i click on th escurity panell it tells me that i have Windows
> Defender
> turned off and that i have not got any anti-virus installed.
> I know that defender is working and i have got McAfree anti-virus soft
> ware
> installed and running.
> Is there any quick fixes to resolve this problem.
> Please take into account when replying to this question that i am not that
> computer minded so any fixes would have to be simple to follow thanks.
> --
> kevin k

kevin k

Re: security panell is lyeing
It is ok Spirit i sorted it, had to delete repository file then once i opened
up security panell again every thing was ok thanjs any way.
Sorry for any inconvineance.
--
kevin k