Re: Ran windows update on Vista laptop IE will not connect to the

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

PA Bear

Re: Ran windows update on Vista laptop IE will not connect to the
Crossposted to IE General & Vista Security newsgroups

NIS 2007 then, I assume. NSW = Norton System Works.

While Symantec claims that its current applications are Vista-compatible,
they've been the source of untold problems in Vista. Uninstall NIS ASAP,
then don't fail to run this removal tool:

The following AV apps are supported in Vista: NOD32, Kaspersky6, Sophos (in
order per my recommendations).

Steer clear of McAfee, too.

Thank you very much for this feedback.
--
~PA Bear

Rob w wrote:
> I think it is norton internet security I don't know what NSW stands for so
> guess I haven't got it
> It's just the trial version that came with my compaq laptop glad I haven't
> paid for it
> I shall get rid of it as soon as I know which anti-virus is least likely
> mess up windows
> hope this helps
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> In one of your many, similar posts in IE General newsgroup, you state
>> that
>> you're running NAV (in Vista): What NAV version is it, please? Is it
>> part
>> of NSW or NIS?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org
>>
>> Rob w wrote:
>>> I have just successfully re-installed this update with many thanks to
>>> Joe at
>>>
>>> http://itsvista.com
>>>
>>> In short what I have done is uninstall KB933566 then disconnect my
>>> computer
>>> from the internet
>>> disable my anti-virus completely than re-installed KB933566
>>> after restarting made sure my anti-virus was turned back on again then
>>> reconnected to the internet
>>> this seems to of solved the problem hope it works for you

Rob w

Re: Ran windows update on Vista laptop IE will not connect to the
Thanks for the advice very much appreciated
I confirm no norton system works on my machine

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Crossposted to IE General & Vista Security newsgroups
>
> NIS 2007 then, I assume. NSW = Norton System Works.
>
> While Symantec claims that its current applications are Vista-compatible,
> they've been the source of untold problems in Vista. Uninstall NIS ASAP,
> then don't fail to run this removal tool:
> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...05033108162039
>
> The following AV apps are supported in Vista: NOD32, Kaspersky6, Sophos (in
> order per my recommendations).
>
> Steer clear of McAfee, too.
>
> Thank you very much for this feedback.
> --
> ~PA Bear
>

> Rob w wrote:
> > I think it is norton internet security I don't know what NSW stands for so
> > guess I haven't got it
> > It's just the trial version that came with my compaq laptop glad I haven't
> > paid for it
> > I shall get rid of it as soon as I know which anti-virus is least likely
> > mess up windows
> > hope this helps
> > "PA Bear" wrote:
> >
> >> In one of your many, similar posts in IE General newsgroup, you state
> >> that
> >> you're running NAV (in Vista): What NAV version is it, please? Is it
> >> part
> >> of NSW or NIS?
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> >> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

Mrc

Re: Ran windows update on Vista laptop IE will not connect to the
I uninstalled NIS several months ago before this was an issue.
Still have the problem. Contacting Dell was a waste of time I was told to
wait and maybe Microsoft will correct the patch and for now uninstall patch
and turn off auto-update. Any ideas?