Uprgrade Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition to Vista Platform

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Don

Uprgrade Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition to Vista Platform
When I upgraded Windows XP to Vista on my laptop there existed a version of
Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition that is not supported by Vista. I now
have the version that is supported by Vista but I can not uninstall the old
version so that I can install it. When I try I get the message "This version
of Symantec Antivirus does not support Windows Vista Platform." Any
suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks.
--
Don
Spirit

Re: Uprgrade Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition to Vista Platform
Do it the old way.... Remove the Program Files using DELETE and the Registry
Entries using
Regedit. More info and "maybe" a removal utility on Symantec's Website.
Check for the
version you have an "uninstall" or "remove".

http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoff...product_ts.jsp

"Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I upgraded Windows XP to Vista on my laptop there existed a version
> of
> Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition that is not supported by Vista. I
> now
> have the version that is supported by Vista but I can not uninstall the
> old
> version so that I can install it. When I try I get the message "This
> version
> of Symantec Antivirus does not support Windows Vista Platform." Any
> suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks.
> --
> Don

Don

Re: Uprgrade Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition to Vista Platfor
Thanks. That pointed me in the right direction. It is a pain to remove all
of the registry values manually but it worked and the new 10.2 Symanteec is
working fine.

Thanks agan.
--
Don

"Spirit" wrote:

> Do it the old way.... Remove the Program Files using DELETE and the Registry
> Entries using
> Regedit. More info and "maybe" a removal utility on Symantec's Website.
> Check for the
> version you have an "uninstall" or "remove".
>
> http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoff...product_ts.jsp
>
> "Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I upgraded Windows XP to Vista on my laptop there existed a version
> > of
> > Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition that is not supported by Vista. I
> > now
> > have the version that is supported by Vista but I can not uninstall the
> > old
> > version so that I can install it. When I try I get the message "This
> > version
> > of Symantec Antivirus does not support Windows Vista Platform." Any
> > suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks.
> > --
> > Don

Adam

Re: Uprgrade Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition to Vista Platfor
Same issue, however, I cannot get some of the files to delete from Program
files or from Program data, as they are protected. I tried the uninstall
utility in Windows and get through the password for uninstall, and when it
gets to about 95% complete, it backs down and never uninstalls the program.

I've tried cleaning entries from the registry, however, I must be missing
some... the TDI drivers are still attempting to load, and I keep getting
messages at startup about the incompatibility.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Adam

"Don" wrote:

> Thanks. That pointed me in the right direction. It is a pain to remove all
> of the registry values manually but it worked and the new 10.2 Symanteec is
> working fine.
>
> Thanks agan.
> --
> Don
>

> "Spirit" wrote:
>
> > Do it the old way.... Remove the Program Files using DELETE and the Registry
> > Entries using
> > Regedit. More info and "maybe" a removal utility on Symantec's Website.
> > Check for the
> > version you have an "uninstall" or "remove".
> >
> > http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoff...product_ts.jsp
> >
> > "Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When I upgraded Windows XP to Vista on my laptop there existed a version
> > > of
> > > Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition that is not supported by Vista. I
> > > now
> > > have the version that is supported by Vista but I can not uninstall the
> > > old
> > > version so that I can install it. When I try I get the message "This
> > > version
> > > of Symantec Antivirus does not support Windows Vista Platform." Any
> > > suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks.
> > > --
> > > Don

nealb@signon.com

Re: Uprgrade Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition to Vista Platfor
FYI -

You can find the manual uninstall directions here: