windows defender, it will not run

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Khalid

windows defender, it will not run
When ever I try to run the Windows, a message comes saying "Application
failed to initialize :0x80070002. "
Engel

RE: windows defender, it will not run
Hello Khalid,

Error message when you try to start Windows Defender on a computer that you
recently upgraded to Windows Vista: "Application failed to initialize"

http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=935511

Regards
--

"Khalid" wrote:

> When ever I try to run the Windows, a message comes saying "Application
> failed to initialize :0x80070002. "

Kris

RE: windows defender, it will not run
Is there any better solution? Re-installing Vista doesn't sound too
thrilling, and I'm afraid that if I do a system restore that far back (I
don't know exactly when this issue started, but I am guessing as far back as
when I upgraded to Vista in May), I could be losing important files...no?

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello Khalid,
>
> Error message when you try to start Windows Defender on a computer that you
> recently upgraded to Windows Vista: "Application failed to initialize"
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=935511
>

> Regards
> --
>

> "Khalid" wrote:
>
> > When ever I try to run the Windows, a message comes saying "Application
> > failed to initialize :0x80070002. "

Microsoft MVP Member

Jacee will become famous soon enoughJacee will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yes, there's a better solution other than re-installing Vista.
Click on the control panel > accessories> run...In the run window, type services.msc click OK.

Scroll down to Windows Defender..right click on it and select properties.
Set it to "Disabled". There's no sense in fighting with this application that refuses to work and only causes a headache!

Now use these free antispyware programs that work with Vista...please read the tutorials and look for updates often as they do not update themselves:

Spybot S&D download and tutorial:
Using Spybot - Search & Destroy to remove Spyware from Your Computer
The home of Spybot-S&D!

SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard:
Javacool Software - Products
Spyware Guard is a real-time malware scanner

SpywareBlaster tutorial:
Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware, Hijackers, and Malware
SpywareGuard tutorial:
Using SpywareGuard to protect your computer from Spyware & Hijackers

You can also get the free version of SuperAntispyware. The free version doesn't work with realtime protection, but you can continue to update the definitions and scan for incidences on your own:

SUPERAntiSpyware
Home Edition (free version)

Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.
It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes.
MS-MVP Windows-Security 2006 ~ 2009
Milo \(MSPSS\)

Re: windows defender, it will not run
Just an inquiry you upgraded from what Windows Version to Vista? Is there by
any chance on such upgrade there was an installed Windows Defender?