Microsoft Security Bulletins for June 2007

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Donna Buenaventura

Microsoft Security Bulletins for June 2007
Today, Microsoft has released the following Security Bulletins. Please see
the affected software or component below and the appropriate security
bulletin for more details. You should also read the bulletins for any
caveats prior installation of the update.

Critical:
MS07-031 - Vulnerability in the Windows Schannel Security Package Could
Allow Remote Code Execution (935840)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS07-031.mspx
-- Affected Software: Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Professional,
Windows 2000 Datacenter Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows Server
2003 for Small Business Server, Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition,
Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition, Windows Server 2003, Standard
Edition, Windows Server 2003, Web Edition, Windows Server 2003 Datacenter
Edition for Itanium-based Systems, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
for Itanium-based Systems, Windows Server 2003 Datacenter x64 Edition,
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 Standard x64
Edition, Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP
Professional 64-Bit Edition

MS07-031 - Vulnerability in the Windows Schannel Security Package Could
Allow Remote Code Execution (935840)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS07-031.mspx
-- Affected Software: Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Professional,
Windows 2000 Datacenter Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows Server
2003 for Small Business Server, Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition,
Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition, Windows Server 2003, Standard
Edition, Windows Server 2003, Web Edition, Windows Server 2003 Datacenter
Edition for Itanium-based Systems, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
for Itanium-based Systems, Windows Server 2003 Datacenter x64 Edition,
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 Standard x64
Edition, Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP
Professional 64-Bit Edition

MS07-032 - Vulnerability in Windows Vista Could Allow Information Disclosure
(931213)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS07-032.mspx
-- Affected Software: Windows Vista, Windows Vista x64

MS07-033 - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (933566)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS07-033.mspx
-- Affected Software: Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Professional,
Windows 2000 Datacenter Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows XP
Home Edition, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Professional 64-Bit
Edition, Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server, Windows Server 2003,
Datacenter Edition, Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition, Windows Server
2003, Standard Edition, Windows Server 2003, Web Edition, Windows Server
2003 Datacenter Edition for Itanium-based Systems, Windows Server 2003
Enterprise Edition for Itanium-based Systems, Internet Explorer 5.01,
Windows Server 2003 Datacenter x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise
x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition, Windows Vista,
Windows Vista x64, Internet Explorer 6.0 for Windows XP Service Pack 2,
Internet Explorer 6 for Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition,
Internet Explorer 6.0 for Windows Server 2003, Internet Explorer 6 for
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition, Internet Explorer 6 for Microsoft
Windows Server 2003 for Itanium-based Systems, Internet Explorer 7.0 for
Windows XP Service Pack 2 , Internet Explorer 7.0 For Windows 2003, Internet
Explorer 7 for Windows 2003 for Itanium, Internet Explorer 7 for Windows
2003 x64 Edition, Internet Explorer 7.0 for Windows Vista, Internet Explorer
7.0 for Windows Vista x64, Internet Explorer 6.0

MS07-034 - Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express and Windows Mail
(929123)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS07-034.mspx
-- Affected Software: Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Professional,
Windows XP Professional 64-Bit Edition, Windows Server 2003 for Small
Business Server, Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition, Windows Server
2003, Enterprise Edition, Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition, Windows
Server 2003, Web Edition, Windows Server 2003 Datacenter Edition for
Itanium-based Systems, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition for
Itanium-based Systems, Windows Server 2003 Datacenter x64 Edition, Windows
Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 Standard x64
Edition, Outlook Express 6 on Microsoft Windows XP, Outlook Express 6 for
Microsoft Windows XP 64-Bit Edition, Outlook Express 6 on Windows Server
2003, Outlook Express 6 for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 for Itanium-based
Systems, Outlook Express 6 on Windows Server 2003 (64 bit edition), Windows
Vista, Windows Mail for Windows Vista, Windows Vista x64, Windows Mail for
Windows Vista x64 Edition

MS07-035 - Vulnerability in Win 32 API Could Allow Remote Code Execution
(935839)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS07-035.mspx
-- Affected Software: Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Professional,
Windows 2000 Datacenter Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows XP
Home Edition, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Professional 64-Bit
Edition, Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server, Windows Server 2003,
Datacenter Edition, Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition, Windows Server
2003, Standard Edition, Windows Server 2003, Web Edition, Windows Server
2003 Datacenter Edition for Itanium-based Systems, Windows Server 2003
Enterprise Edition for Itanium-based Systems, Windows Server 2003 Datacenter
x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003
Standard x64 Edition

Moderate:
MS07-032 - Vulnerability in Windows Vista Could Allow Information Disclosure
(931213)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS07-032.mspx
-- Affected Software: Windows Vista, Windows Vista x64

Important:
MS07-030 - Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Visio Could Allow Remote Code
Execution (927051)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS07-030.mspx
-- Affected Software: Visio 2002, Visio 2003

Microsoft also released 7 Non-Security, High-Priority Updates on Microsoft
Update (MU) and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms07-jun.mspx
Security Bulletins for end-users:
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...ns/200706.mspx
Security Response Center Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/default.aspx

Security Bulletin Webcast:
http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/We...CountryCode=US
Microsoft will host a webcast tomorrow. The webcast focuses on addressing
your questions and concerns about the security bulletins. Therefore, most of
the live webcast is aimed at giving you the opportunity to ask questions and
get answers from their security experts.
Start Date: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 11:00 AM Pacific Time (US & Canada)

Tool:
Check your system for missing or misconfigured patches using Microsoft
Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../mbsahome.mspx

Support:
Call Microsoft at 1-866-PCSAFETY for issues on security patches if you are
in the US and Canada. For other location, go here:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

Please note, Microsoft NEVER send security updates via e-mail. Download the
updates only from the vendors website - visit Windows Update and Office
Update or Microsoft Update websites. You may also get the updates thru
Automatic Updates functionality in Windows system.
Security updates are available on ISO-9660 DVD5 image files from the
Microsoft Download Center. For more information, please see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913086

--
Regards,
Donna Buenaventura

Yum

Re: Microsoft Security Bulletins for June 2007
When are we getting more dreamscenes? Still only the five...

Shallow-Y

"Donna Buenaventura" <dbuenaventura@mvps.org> wrote in message
> [...]
>
> Tool:
> Check your system for missing or misconfigured patches using Microsoft
> Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA)
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../mbsahome.mspx
>
> Support:
> Call Microsoft at 1-866-PCSAFETY for issues on security patches if you are
> in the US and Canada. For other location, go here:
> http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
>
> Please note, Microsoft NEVER send security updates via e-mail. Download
> the updates only from the vendors website - visit Windows Update and
> Office Update or Microsoft Update websites. You may also get the updates
> thru Automatic Updates functionality in Windows system.
> Security updates are available on ISO-9660 DVD5 image files from the
> Microsoft Download Center. For more information, please see

Richard G. Harper

Re: Microsoft Security Bulletins for June 2007
As soon as the existing ones become a security threat. :-)