Kaspersky AV refuses to uninstall and cannot be deleted.

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Adeem

Kaspersky AV refuses to uninstall and cannot be deleted.
My uninstall for Kaspersky Anti Virus 6.0.2.621 was interrupted by the
computer being restarted the other day, and since then, any attempt to
uninstall using the installshield has been asnswered with the prompt "This
action is only valid for products that are currently installed". The computer
does not recognise it as an installed program, yet when I check in the start
up programs list, kaspersky is still listed.

I have tried (I am not a computer bod really) just deleting the damn thing,
but the computer then tells me that I don't have permission to perform this
action (?) Why would I need administrator access to my own laptop that
doesn't have any passwords or controls set up (as far as I know)?

I really need to install another antivirus program soon, but I am afriad to
install while this Kaspersky albatross is still hanging around my computer's
neck.

Any ideas how I can get the damn thing off would be greatly appreciated, as
I have no idea!
Gary

Re: Kaspersky AV refuses to uninstall and cannot be deleted.

On 12-Jun-2007, =?Utf-8?B?QWRlZW0=?= <Adeem@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

> My uninstall for Kaspersky Anti Virus 6.0.2.621 was interrupted by the
> computer being restarted the other day, and since then, any attempt to
> uninstall using the installshield has been asnswered with the prompt "This
>
> action is only valid for products that are currently installed". The
> computer
> does not recognise it as an installed program, yet when I check in the
> start
> up programs list, kaspersky is still listed.
>
> I have tried (I am not a computer bod really) just deleting the damn
> thing,
> but the computer then tells me that I don't have permission to perform
> this
> action (?) Why would I need administrator access to my own laptop that
> doesn't have any passwords or controls set up (as far as I know)?
>
> I really need to install another antivirus program soon, but I am afriad
> install while this Kaspersky albatross is still hanging around my
> computer's
> neck.
>
> Any ideas how I can get the damn thing off would be greatly appreciated,
> as
> I have no idea!

Try reinstalling it and if that works then you can uninstall it.