Vista Security

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

grady

Vista Security
Have any lof you noticed the small mustace under the chin of Microsoft?
I have.
Not only is Uac a stupid thing that no one uses, the other forced security
based on the internet, with no real way of turning it off, furthur shows the
Hitler type of control that Microsoft is trying to impose.

Grady
DevilsPGD

Re: Vista Security
In message <47CD7ACB-48A1-4373-A307-E83A5EC709F4@microsoft.com> grady
<grady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Have any lof you noticed the small mustace under the chin of Microsoft?

Perhaps you could explain what "mustace" means, that's not a word I am
familiar with.

It's possible you meant mustache, although that is unlikely since a
mustache is located between the upper lip and nose.

>I have.

I think that's actually a beard under Microsoft's chin.

>Not only is Uac a stupid thing that no one uses,

I use it, quite happily. It makes running as a limited user (not as an
admin) much more pleasant.

>the other forced security
>based on the internet, with no real way of turning it off, furthur shows the
>Hitler type of control that Microsoft is trying to impose.

Most of us noticed the checkbox to turn off UAC or other security
features if desired.

btw -- Can you Godwin a thread on the first post?

--
If quitters never win, and winners never quit,
what fool came up with, "Quit while you're ahead"?
brink

Re: Vista Security

grady;338296 Wrote:
> Have any lof you noticed the small mustace under the chin of Microsoft?
> I have.
> Not only is Uac a stupid thing that no one uses, the other forced
> security
> based on the internet, with no real way of turning it off, furthur
> shows the
> Hitler type of control that Microsoft is trying to impose.
>
> Grady

Hi Grady,

Here's a link for full details on how to turn off UAC without getting a
Security Center Warning.

http://tinyurl.com/3259yu

Hope this helps you,
Shawn

--
brink

*There are no dumb questions, just the people that don't ask them.*
'_www.Vistax64.com_' (http://www.vistax64.com/www.Vistax64.com)
Please post feedback to help others
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Vista Security
"that no one uses"
False, or at least a gross exaggeration.
UAC is intended to and does give more control to the computer user.
Without UAC, some malware and other undesirable applications could run
and the user never be notified.

If you do not like UAC, simply turn it off.
Exactly what security of Windows Vista are you unable to disable?

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"grady" <grady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have any lof you noticed the small mustace under the chin of
> Microsoft?
> I have.
> Not only is Uac a stupid thing that no one uses, the other forced
> security
> based on the internet, with no real way of turning it off, furthur
> shows the
> Hitler type of control that Microsoft is trying to impose.
>
> Grady

Michal Bucko

Re: Vista Security
> Not only is Uac a stupid thing that no one uses, the other forced security
> based on the internet, with no real way of turning it off, furthur shows
> the
> Hitler type of control that Microsoft is trying to impose.

That is definetely not true. Please, read about UAC, then talk.

David Dickinson

Watch Out, Folks (WAS: Vista Security)
"grady" <grady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have any lof you noticed the small mustace under the chin of Microsoft?
> I have.
> Not only is Uac a stupid thing that no one uses, the other forced security
> based on the internet, with no real way of turning it off, furthur shows
> the
> Hitler type of control that Microsoft is trying to impose.
>
> Grady

This troll started a similar thread yesterday in vista.general that got way
out of hand. I think it trailed off somewhere between talking about bologna
sandwiches and the weather in Scotland. He doesn't want to learn or to find
a solution to a problem. He wants an argument.

--
David ****inson
eveningstar at die-spammer-die dash mvps dot org

Alun Harford

Re: Vista Security
DevilsPGD wrote:

> btw -- Can you Godwin a thread on the first post?

Yes. This thread can safely be killfiled.

Alun Harford