The Security Centre service can't be started

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

James Exasperated

The Security Centre service can't be started
Recently, my norton antivirus 2007 cannot load its virus definition.
Therefore, I reinstalled the software without any improvement. Everytime I
turn on my computer, I will receive Windows Security Alert that my security
centre service is turned off. In the security centre, I tried to turn on the
security centre service. Everytime I tried to do that, a window will appear
that reads "The Security Centre Service can't be started". Please help. I am
at this problem for more than a week.
brink

Re: The Security Centre service can't be started

Hi James,

If your trying to turn on Security Center from Control Panel > Security
Center, then it will not work unless the Service is set for Started and
Automatic.

Go to this link and scroll down a bit and do this section:
Disable Security Center:
It will show you how to enable the Service to.

http://tinyurl.com/3dnvhr

This should help,
Shawn

--
brink

*There are no dumb questions, just the people that don't ask them.*
'_www.Vistax64.com_' (http://www.vistax64.com/www.Vistax64.com)
Please post feedback to help others
Sigil

Re: The Security Centre service can't be started
I have *exactly* the same problem and am trying it terribly frustrating. I
tried to follow the instructions noted in Brink's reply - but I dont have the
"Change the way Security Center Alerts me" option even showing up??

Now Im concerned that neither Norton nor the security center is protecting
me adequadetly.

Any help *greatly* appreciated.

Sigil;338679 Wrote:
> I have *exactly* the same problem and am trying it terribly frustrating.
> tried to follow the instructions noted in Brink's reply - but I dont
> have the
> "Change the way Security Center Alerts me" option even showing up??
>
> Now Im concerned that neither Norton nor the security center is
> protecting
> me adequadetly.
>
> Any help *greatly* appreciated.

Hi Sigil,

Scroll down a bit further at that site and do the section:
:ISABLE SECURITY CENTER:::
*::::*
Except, do START and AUTOMATIC instead.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
brink

*There are no dumb questions, just the people that don't ask them.*
'_www.Vistax64.com_' (http://www.vistax64.com/www.Vistax64.com)
Please post feedback to help others.
Chadillac

Re: The Security Centre service can't be started
Yes, this does work. I was having the same problem. I went through the
steps in the link that brink first gave and the security center turned on.