Why does VISTA block installation of software...

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Alex of the Alex

Why does VISTA block installation of software...
i have software programs on backed up onto CDR which im trying to install
onto VISTA but when i do it sort of half installs them but then says i must
enter the original legtimate software CD for them to work properly. but i had
no problems with these CDRs with XP or 98.

Is this because VISTA is extra extra secure and wont allow you to install
anything that it may think is pirated? and how can i go about making it less
secure and more tolerant of software that it doesnt recognise or hasnt being
"digitall signed"?

please help
cheers

Alex
Cal Bear '66

Re: Why does VISTA block installation of software...
Did you receive this software with the purchase of a new computer? If so, then
it is probably locked to that computer and cannot be installed on any other
computer.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Alex of the Alex" <Alex of the Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have software programs on backed up onto CDR which im trying to install
> onto VISTA but when i do it sort of half installs them but then says i must
> enter the original legtimate software CD for them to work properly. but i had
> no problems with these CDRs with XP or 98.
>
> Is this because VISTA is extra extra secure and wont allow you to install
> anything that it may think is pirated? and how can i go about making it less
> secure and more tolerant of software that it doesnt recognise or hasnt being
> "digitall signed"?
>
> please help
> cheers
>
> Alex

Robert Moir

Re: Why does VISTA block installation of software...

"Alex of the Alex" <Alex of the Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:4D2188CF-A63F-4666-B915-B00F7750FCCC@microsoft.com...
>i have software programs on backed up onto CDR which im trying to install
> onto VISTA but when i do it sort of half installs them but then says i
> must
> enter the original legtimate software CD for them to work properly. but i
> had
> no problems with these CDRs with XP or 98.
>
> Is this because VISTA is extra extra secure and wont allow you to install
> anything that it may think is pirated?

No.

It might be for any number of reasons, but not that one as Vista doesn't
care two hoots about whether or not people might be pirating software from
other people, just simply if they might be pirating itself from Microsoft.

Have you tried right-clicking on the install programs and selecting "run as
administrator"?