Removing Elevated Privleges

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Disdamn

Removing Elevated Privleges
I ran an installer from a weblink within Outlook 2003 installed on my Vista
Ultimate 64 pc.

Once the installer ran and was actually ready to start installing the files,
UAC asked to elevate the privleges of Outlook in order to complete the
install. I elevated it and the install ran fine.

However, everytime I open Outlook now UAC asks to elevate its privleges. I
either accept and Outlook opens, or decline and Outlook will not launch.

I would really like getting Outlook back to its previous privlege state
without having to uninstall and re-install.

-Turning off UAC is not an option, neither is giving Outlook RunAs
Administrator rights

I have already restored Outlook to previous versions before I ran the
installer, and this is no good.

Any solid solutions?
Mr. Arnold

Re: Removing Elevated Privleges
<snipped>

> -Turning off UAC is not an option, neither is giving Outlook RunAs
> Administrator rights
>
> Any solid solutions?

You're stuck. It's as simple as that. And even if you do RAA, it might still
ask you the question to allow or not to allow, in some cases.

Jesper

RE: Removing Elevated Privleges
What did you install? Was it an Outlook add-in? If so, try disabling the
add-in and see if Outlook launches normally.

---