cant update windows or drivers

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

crystalzxxx

cant update windows or drivers
I recently installed vista on my labtop and I can't update windows defender
even after uninstalling it and installing it again it wont let me do anything
it just pops errors back at me. And I tried to update my drivers such as one
for my video card and it wont let me so I cant even hear videos or see
them!!! I cant even install a new program. Any suggestions? Or anyone having
the same problems???? thank you
Neil Harley

Re: cant update windows or drivers
crystalzxxx wrote:
> I recently installed vista on my labtop and I can't update windows defender
> even after uninstalling it and installing it again it wont let me do anything
> it just pops errors back at me. And I tried to update my drivers such as one
> for my video card and it wont let me so I cant even hear videos or see
> them!!! I cant even install a new program. Any suggestions? Or anyone having
> the same problems???? thank you

What errors are you receiving?
crystalzxxx

Re: cant update windows or drivers
code 80245003 error when I try to update windows.
cant update windows defender
i opened solve problems on your computer and it says I need to download and
install the driver for: Realtek AC97 Audio, ENE PCI Memory Stick Card Reader
Controller, ENE PCI SmartMedia/ xD Card Reader Controller, ATI SMBus
my computer wont let me install any of these it says its up to date. this
info help???

crystalzxxx wrote:
> code 80245003 error when I try to update windows.
> cant update windows defender
> i opened solve problems on your computer and it says I need to download and
> install the driver for: Realtek AC97 Audio, ENE PCI Memory Stick Card Reader
> Controller, ENE PCI SmartMedia/ xD Card Reader Controller, ATI SMBus
> my computer wont let me install any of these it says its up to date. this
> info help???

You could try renaming the SoftwareDistribution in \Windows to something
like SoftwareDistribution.old and trying Windows Update again.